Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Comp.

Otaku nightsly may be famous one day nightsly may be famous one day nightsly's Avatar
    Thanks

Comp.

I know all of u have computers, (duh wich is y ur reading this). but which type of comp is the type thats stronger. I know apple is the strongest and expensive, and toshiba might be strong as well and kinda cheap, but from ur own experience, whats ur favorit company? and why is it that u like that particular type or brand?

Otaku Nioko may be famous one day Nioko may be famous one day Nioko's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Comp.

Sony. That is the brand that I have. Why do I like it? Japanese!!!

What some of my love potion, O sweet Kedar?

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The one you build yourself with the best parts money can buy. But the question is do you want high speed proformance for say games? Or a work horse for handling server work loads, maybe you don't need any of that maybe you just want something dependable. Brands are the same way, dell is good for normal home use. IBM for servers, etc......

Otaku pnolos may be famous one day pnolos may be famous one day pnolos's Avatar
    Thanks

i like toshiba computers just cause all of my computers are toshiba! i got an alienware to its good for games id say.

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    The one you build yourself with the best parts money can buy. But the question is do you want high speed proformance for say games? Or a work horse for handling server work loads, maybe you don't need any of that maybe you just want something dependable. Brands are the same way, dell is good for normal home use. IBM for servers, etc......
    yeah, I cutomized my computer with lots of hookups and it works great.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    yeah... a custom made PC is the best one...... mine is custome made ....
    the only problem is that u need to know what to buy and where.... cause sometimes it can come a little bit expensive.....
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Newbie *Innocent Anime Angel* may be famous one day *Innocent Anime Angel* may be famous one day *Innocent Anime Angel*'s Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Comp.

Quote Originally Posted by jaam0927
    yeah... a custom made PC is the best one...... mine is custome made ....
    the only problem is that u need to know what to buy and where.... cause sometimes it can come a little bit expensive.....
    Yes I Totally agree with that statement! They are the best yet There expensive! As i should know! At First i thought the price to be rather Expensive an Unusual,
    But i realised You have to pay For Great things

Its all about quallity

*Anime Bops*
    450x110 signature limit: as decreed by the rules~ hassun
    Love is Rare, Life Is Strange, Nothing Lasts & People Change...

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightsly
    I know apple is the strongest and expensive

That's all marketing garbage.

Back when Apple computers were using only Motorla and IBM chips, they would claim speeds close to twice that of Intel based computers. Now that they are in the process of switching to Intel, they are making the same claims, but using their older IBM chipsets for a benchmark.

There are so many factors with PC's and speed, that any computer company can say that they are faster than another, when only comparing one specific element of speed. Apple has had the benifit of partnerships with software companies like Adobe. This allows Apple to include advanced instruction sets on their chips, thus giving them an advantage with those programs. I imaging that even though Apple has gone to the dark-side, their version of Intel chips will have different instruction sets that Windows and Linux based Intel chips--meaning that they will still have the slight advantage over comparable Windows/Linus based systems.

All in all, they are not the fastest though, just a little more upgradable than most consumer PCs. Mac towers can be set up like true workstations: two liquid-cooled dual-cored 64 bit chips, 8 gigs of ram, raid 0 15, 000rpm drives, fibre channel networking, Nvidia Quadro FX 4400 512 mb graphics, and a 64 bit Linux-based OS. Of course this would cost you about $10-15 grand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast