Otaku linx88 may be famous one day linx88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Computer Problems

How much would it cost to get my Laptop monitor replaced? It's an Inspiron
    5150. When i turn it on, there are tons of black splotches and
    everything else is grey or white. i can't even see any of the normal
    screen. it takes up the entire screen.
    www.myspace.com/fallabletruth

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    This should be in tech forum so Im moving it

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The problem with most Laptops is that their components (including the LCD screen) are custom for the model. You'd probably be best off sending a Email to DELL technical support to get a quote. Also, it could be a LCD screen problem, but it could also be other problems, such as a bad video chip or video RAM...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Black and White?? hm.. that screws my "magnets" theory, but yes, laptop computer display screens are quite custome and cannot be just bought at a store. If you could, it would be a specialty store. Do you have a computer parts store near your residence? they sell parts off demolished computers and laptops and sell you individual "hard-to-find" parts. If not, your just gonna send it in for repairs.

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    do the splotches look like inkblots or are they quite angular? i'm guessing the screen doesn't display any lines across the screen. if that's the case, i think the lcd is damaged. did this problem happen out of nowhere, or did the laptop hit something beforehand.

magents have an effect on crt monitors, not lcd's

Otaku xotix may be famous one day xotix may be famous one day xotix's Avatar
    Thanks
    give dell a call, or send them an email. they should be able to advise you on what to do.

i don't recommend you trying to change the screen yourself, so let the pros who work with the company handle it.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maverickvns
    magents have an effect on crt monitors, not lcd's
    Suprizingly i didn't know that. Probably because i didn't have the guts to test it.
    I could have looked it up, but i already thought otherwise. Thank you for your smarts.

Also, does anyone think that a graphics card problem could be at fault. (i really don't think so myself)