Thread: Concerning regio playability on my DVD player

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Concerning regio playability on my DVD player

(This has also been posted at AT)

I have a Panasonic SA-HT75 player and I want it to play NTSC DVDs.

Now before we start about hacking this and modding that (which I don't think we're allowed to discuss here), I checked the setup screen on the player and under "Video" and then to the option "NTSC Disc Output" it reads "PAL60".

Logical, I'm living in a PAL region, but after I clicked on the "PAL60" a little submenu came up giving me two choices: "PAL60" and "NTSC".
    Do you people think this means I can play "NTSC" DVDs just by changing this option to "NTSC"?

Beore I get comments like "Try it yourself you lazy bleeder", I don't have any NTSC DVDs...
    And I can't just buy any where I live either.
    I would like to get some advice/thoughts before I order some NTSC DVDs from the internet.

Newbie Setsunayaki may be famous one day Setsunayaki may be famous one day
    Thanks
    If the television has the option, the it is allowed, Remember the differences between between PAL and NTSC in operating frequencies (60hz vs 55hz). Look in your manuals and see if it gives you any warning about locking properties.

The majority of DVD players out there allow you to change into any of the different regions up to five times, then locks itself to that region. Read the documentation to it.

Also I want you to find if the NTSC/PAL is only applicable to the television screen and not the player.

A lot of people get stuck with DVD players for one region, but with a television that has both PAL and NTSC because of the wide use of direct TV and sattlelite cable TV which means that now to watch certain channels you need to see them in PAL others in NTSC so manufacturers have included both, but a player may act independently. Like said. Check the documentation that comes with your products. All the answers are there.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    I'll have a look see, thanks...

EDIT:

Ok the DVD player should be able to play it just fine, the TV manual tells me it can play PAL, Secam and NTSC only "video in" (this should be fine right?) and also only 3.58 or 4.43
    What's with the 3.58 and 4.43? Are there different NTSC systems? If so, which one is the regular or most used one in America?
    Last edited by Hassun; Dec 17, 2004 at 05:32 PM.