Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Confused about the Evangelion ending

Newbie Justin1919 may be famous one day Justin1919 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Question Confused about the Evangelion ending

I just got finished with the Evangelion Platinum Collection and thought it was a great series. I did have some questions though about its ending. What was with those trippy last 2 episodes and what is instrumentality? What did end up happening to all of the cast and what were they all doing standing on top of the earth? Why were the angels even attacking the Nerv Headquarters in the first place?

Otaku mechataku may be famous one day mechataku may be famous one day mechataku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Confused about the Evangelion ending

i think the instumentality project was like an attempt to start the earth over... or something like that...

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

yea shinji decided on how the earth would be in the end, that was my conclusion on the whole thing.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, I will list your questions in order, from what I think is the correct answer.

1.) I think that was what was going on in Shinji's mind.

2.) The instrumentally Project was to start the Third Impact, where everyone would become one and lose their A.T. fields, I think.

3.) I don't know about the earth part, but I think it was part of the weird thoughts going on in Shinji's head. In the movie, The End of Evangelion, everybody was involved in the Third Impact, except for Shinji and Asuka because they were intheir Evas.

4.) In NERV's Terminal Dogma, Lilith, also know as the mother of mankind, she was being held their, and I think the angels wanted her back, for reasons that I don't know about. However, if any of the angels did have contact with Lilith, the Third Impact would have taken place, and that would also go for Eva 01.

~Kiss
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Otaku ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit may be famous one day ShadowRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

just out of wonder did you watch the full ENDING episodes or the edited versions?
    Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address
    [IMG]curtsies to Pyro_psyco666

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

I think salaes plan was the eveloution of humanity into the next stage as pusr energy. you can see it during the movie at the end. As for Shinji he was there tool they used along with the otheres to acomplish this.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i finished watching evangelion along time ago and like you i got confused, the OVA end/rebirth of evangelion doesn't answer lots of questions that were not answered in the TV series, what they do is to bring more questions that it won't be answered. I think that is up to you to get what the creator had in mind when he created Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Newbie Keitarou may be famous one day Keitarou may be famous one day
    Thanks

There's a lot of talk going around on what the creator, Hideaki Anno, did have in mind when creating something like Evangelion. There are several ideas going around on that topic, like Evangelion and especially the second part being the result of Anno's mental problems at that time (kinda like it was back with Tomino and Z/V Gundam), there's also a lot of indication that it was planned the way it went already from the beginning. Who knows and honestly, who cares anymore, it did its work after all, didn't it? :)

Anyway, yes, episodes 25&26 play in Shinji's mind, while the movie, End of Evangelion, does depict the happening outside in the real world. Those last two episodes are heavily influenced by Freudian Psychology, but I guess even without knowing a thing about it, the plotline is quite clear. The people standing on the earth and congratulating him. Well, it's to show that he did recognize himself as an individual, a being capable of thinking and acting himself and overcoming his issues. Putting it in retrospect to EoE, it would make sense, as by that time everybody's AT barriers broke and he did decide the outcome.

The Human Instrumentality Project was to artificially evolve the humanity and bring them to a level with god. The Third Impact was the mean they wanted to use to break everybody's AT barriers so that everybody reverts to LCL and comes to a state free from own demands and worries. It was planned by the head of SEELE ,who was a fallen angel in the bible iirc. Gendo did misuse it though to be able to see Yui.

Hmm, basically The King of Fashion did already explain everything in short. ;)

Not that my addition was much longer. :(

For more infos you should google for a bit. I'm sure there's some guide out there which explains literally every detail in Evangelion. And you should check out two really good Fanfictions which both give more insight in the Evangelion Universe.

Higher Learning - Which gives an insight on the Human Instrumentality Project and the evolution theory and a different outcome.
    and
    The One I Love Is... (TOILI) - Imho a must read for every Evangelion fan. It's so far the most genuine piece of written addition to Evangelion (actually any series at all), I found. There is even an AMV which is themed to that Fanfic. Available at amv org I think. :)

(I don't leave out any possibility to advertise for them ^^)
    Last edited by Keitarou; Jan 05, 2006 at 06:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast