Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Confused about the Evangelion ending

Newbie FallOutBoy may be famous one day FallOutBoy may be famous one day FallOutBoy's Avatar
    an even more vast and superior place than Zui Quan
    Thanks

Re: Confused about the Evangelion ending

wat i wanna know is how did they know it was the last angel? and u know that tritan thingy they used to spear that thing in space, how did they kill the first angel with it? they coodnt of had an EVA throw it coz wernt they just copies of the first angel anyways? how wood they take down an angel wothout EVA? or did i miss sumthing? been a while since i've watched them, and yes i found the last 2 eps very boring not confusing but boring, i pretty much skipped through them.
    ~withering away in your love~

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

ok neon is cool but does it connect with the old version

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

it's only confusing towards the end it's like impossible to get.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Newbie Master123456 may be famous one day Master123456 may be famous one day
    Thanks

It's been a little more then an hour since i finished the series and NGE End of Evangelion that whole hour ive been looking for answers, I just dont get it feel like ive read a book with a 1000 pages but cant seem to read the last 5..

But this is what i got till now the maker intended it to be an open ending thats why it is impossible to get, made me think a lot i had a match to play today right before that i finished the series, just kept me thinking but now i understand it all in my own interpretation thats why u should make your own..
    Thats it all except for shinji choking asuka in the end any1 can get this out of my head il be real gratefull? now i just need to get some sleep..

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Words can not express my anger at Shinji killing the Reincarnation Of Asuka, Rei and Misato. I think that is why I started to dilike the series. The end was just to disturbing.

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the poor cartoonist was depressed at the time,
    everything was on mental statement
    I see it , I was lost, there was a gurages , and other mix feelings
    You know lost for thoughts, meaningless.

Newbie Aozora may be famous one day Aozora may be famous one day
    Thanks

WEll first of all if you've watched End Of Evangelion then remmeber that it is only an alternative ending to the series.

Now the human instrumentality project is SEELES goal. Is the goal of the secret society SEELE. It is an attempt to artificially force the evolution of humanity, merging people's individual conscious minds into one single entity by dissolving the barriers (so-called AT Fields) between them.

Now in the series Shinji accepts the instrumentality.In the instrumentality everyone basicly gets their ideal world and that is the reason why everyone praised Shinji at the end.

Now in the movie basicly the things that are happening are the same as the series it's just looked outside Shinjis mind. Except for one thing. In EOE Shinji rejects the instrumentality.

Now the final scene. It is very confusing but when you think of it for a while...

Now why did Shinji strangle Asuka? I think that it was to test whether or not he was still in the instrumentality. Shinji hoped that Asuka would do something to her that's why he cried at the same time he strangled her. He didn't really want to do it but there wasn't any other way.
    Now Asuka did something she carresed Shinjis face the same way his mother did. Not exactly what he expected.

Now why did Shinji start to cry then? I think he was crying out of joy to know that Asuka is alive.

Now the final line in the movie is a puzzle. But there's something that helps to understand it a bit better.

Concerning the final line we adopted, I'm not sure whether I should say about it in fact. At last Anno asked me " Miyamura, just imagine you are sleeping in your bed and a stranger sneaks into your room. He can rape you anytime as you are asleep but he doesn't. Instead, he masturbates looking at you, when you wake up and know what he did to you. What do you think you would say?" I had been thinking he was a strange man, but at that moment I felt disgusting. So I told him that I thought "Disgusting". And then he sighed and said, "I thought as much."
    That is a quote from Asukas voice actress Yuko Miyamura.

I think that helps to elaborate the whole deal behinf the final line in the movie.
    Asuka was disgusted because he was Shinjis face. Who masturbated while looking at her....

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

The end of evangelion was a an enigma, I was puzzled and confused, the more I
    watch it the more I get it. I agree, something was maybe going through shinji's head, visualizing how the world was coming to an end like Jaderabbit said.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2