Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Confusing TV and Videogames With Reality

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Confusing TV and Videogames With Reality

yeah....i've seen this on the news all the time....and the one game the news mostly talk about is Grand Theft Auto....i think i remember on the news this kid who played GTA 3 at a friend's house and told his mom what he did at his friend's house and came home happy, it was something like..."Mommy, today we went around killing ppl and had sex with a prostitute!" u can just imagine what the mom's response would be. yeah, i really think kids 12 and under should probably stay away from the rated M games especially when most have no idea really what's right from wrong and what's fantasy from reality......

"TO ALL PRE-TEENS & IMMATURE TEENS, SAY NO TO M+ VIOLENCE"

Newbie Zero Cool may be famous one day Zero Cool may be famous one day Zero Cool's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Confusing TV and Videogames With Reality

Yeah that is true, I remember a news a long time ago about a guy cosplaying squall, with his friend they attacked a old man..
    The man was hurt really bad..2 years jail for the ff heroes.
    "We saw him, we did,well..you know what they say about rats"

Newbie fookongmick may be famous one day fookongmick may be famous one day
    Thanks

I suppose it's human nature. I mean people all get carried away sometimes. I am quite sure most of us have experienced a game or show that really gets into us and we just want to be like one of the characters. It's strange but true.

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I think we can all remember the Columbine school shooting. The two boys were known to have saturated themselves with violent TV shows and video games for 2 YEARS. I believe this to be the ultimate act of confusing TV and video games with reality.

As for most people though...I'd have to agree they grow out of it if there ever was any confusion. Most of the time it is harmless though, unlike the example I gave.

*sigh* It makes me sad

Newbie Firestarr may be famous one day Firestarr may be famous one day Firestarr's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah i heard some stories like that, there is once here recentlly, im a RO gamer i heard this from the in game issue there was this murder, happened. because of only one in game card item even it costs more than half a thousand php to have one in the game. and it was an attempt to be taken by force fomr the winng team who also won the real prize for winnng in the ragnarok world championship provisonal division, two guys were stabbed happens to be in a nearby university from them. by a group of ppol . who used to be also a competetor and their "In game foe" during emperium siege, the guild master of that group of suspects where also caught.

its really humiliating and com'n for only a game.. even though ther eis money involve but mostly are just in game prizes... the thing is.. only obssesed people would do that and they take it so narrow minded.. scary isn't it..

that's why some ppol dont' wnat to get hooked up or get indulged to much in mmorpg's because of things happening like that
    Last edited by Firestarr; Nov 18, 2005 at 05:34 PM.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman
    people do this all the time and eventually end up hurting themselves. they think that if they see it in a Tv show or a videogame, they can do it in real life. even i'm more sensible, and i'm only thirteen! why they do it in the first place is beyond me....can't people see the difference between TV and Reality?!

discuss.
    My thoughts exactly, dude. I would say to those who get confused with TV life and reality...................to grow up. But, I am in no place to judge..............it is just a suggestion.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

If someone confuses TV or Video Games with Reality, they either have the maturity of a 5 year old, or have SEVERE mental problems that require professional attention.

Banned Musouka-chan may be famous one day Musouka-chan may be famous one day Musouka-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Some people just require to live in a life thats clouded with fiction because they fear the real reality. Yes, I admit, it does suck that in my world, Cloud doesnt exsist *sobs* but I dont live my life as if I'm hiding in a TV show or video game.

Actually, now that you mention it, I cant even recall a person who has done this... though I wouldnt be too surprised of it happening. Wait.. I do have an example. A guy I knew in my last year of High School, was, to say the least, a very creepy and eerie nerd. He tried hitting on me, using Yu-gi-oh cards (sad huh?). Yeah, he'd get into literal fist fights over the silly thing like it was his life and he was never wrong - as if he were Yami/Yugi or something... kinda eerie.

Yeah, needless to say, I officially stayed the HELL away from that guy. For some, its just a way to feel comfortable, but it can be a little bit of a "sickness" ontop of that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2