Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this considered "cheating"?

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this considered "cheating"?

Today in my science class we had a test(25% of our grade )on astronomy...After we spent 10 mins. studying independently our teacher checked our hands,arms,you know stuff like that...So after that my friend wrote some stuff down on her arm like definitions and stuff like that so she wouldn't forget them(since she is often forgetful)..Long story short she was accused of cheating and written up on a referral and then suspended...My question is:Is really that cheating?

I'm ♥mazing!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is this considered "cheating"?

Quote Originally Posted by twistergal723
    Today in my science class we had a test(25% of our grade )on astronomy...After we spent 10 mins. studying independently our teacher checked our hands,arms,you know stuff like that...So after that my friend wrote some stuff down on her arm like definitions and stuff like that so she wouldn't forget them(since she is often forgetful)..Long story short she was accused of cheating and written up on a referral and then suspended...My question is:Is really that cheating?
    Suspended.....that sucks. I would consider this as cheating, but I cannot blame her. But getting suspended is tooo much..........maybe a warning will do.
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 18, 2005 at 06:19 PM.

Newbie Firestarr may be famous one day Firestarr may be famous one day Firestarr's Avatar
    Thanks

that sucks... yeah it's still consirdered as cheating although she didn't mean to use the info she kept written , other peopl would still see it that way that it is unfair and even trying to prove it its really veryhard to please people that it's not true because it is what they saw. she should be more careful next time.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Writing on paper works too...
    I just imagine how it would sound to a principal to be told "I wrote it on my arm so I'd remember it. Duh!"
    If that's what she says, she's lying, plain and simple. It's good that you have so much faith in your friend, but seriously, she's lyin'.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah that's cheating all right, but that's from what I read and understood from your post so I could have misinterpret it. 25% percent of your grade must mean it's a test with almost a "finals" feel to it right?? Anyways I would understand why your friend did it, my roommate has trouble studying too...he's one of those people where he reads all the material and forgets it the next day.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

It's only cheating if you get caught. And since that person got caught and suspended, yes it was cheating.
    Last edited by narrator; Nov 18, 2005 at 05:27 PM.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yeah, that's cheating. I agree, the punishment is a bit harsh. She could have used notebook paper for notes, instead of her arm, though.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

You have to understand that the purpose of the 'test' is not to measure your ability to give 'correct' answers, it's to test your understanding of the material. You can get away with doing this at the grade school, middle school, and high school levels. But if you get into the habit of relying in 'short cuts', it's going to come back to haunt you badly at the upper division college level courses... By catching your friend at 'cheating' is actually doing him/her/it a favor in the long run...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast