Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is this considered "cheating"?

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is this considered "cheating"?

Harvest her arm so she will never do it again.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    It's only cheating if you get caught. And since that person got caught and suspended, yes it was cheating.
    lol. So true.

But in all the schools I was attending, when somebody got caught, they just got the worst mark from that test (equivalent of F) and that was all.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

I got acussed of cheating once, but i didn't get a referral or something like that nature, i just got a warning from my biology teacher. In my school during the morning announcements the principal or the asistance principal reads the code of honor every freaking day, this honor code says the fallowing "Plagiaracism and cheating of any kind are unacceptable. Students need to be aware of the consequences of their behavior and take responsability for their actions"

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro
    "Plagiaracism and cheating of any kind are unacceptable. Students need to be aware of the consequences of their behavior and take responsability for their actions"
    Plagiaracism eh??

that's tough to do, copying the actions of a racist

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

I would think it is a form of cheating, but I have much trust in people, and I would think that if you have known this friend for very long and trusted her, and she said that she only wrote on her arm for remembering the material, then I guess it was just bad luck. Also, your teacher has no right to check everybody of cheating material, unless they have suspicion of it, and they can't lay a finger on you either. That's how it works at my high school. Just everything off your desk except the required materials such as paper, pencils, pens, calculators, all the basic things.

~The King of Fashion, Danny Liu
    Last edited by The King of Fashion; Nov 19, 2005 at 11:58 AM.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I concur with narrator's earlier statement, " it ain't cheating if you don't get caught." So true in all aspects of life really, yet you still have to be careful, if you friend was so inexperiened in the art of cheating, she deserved to be caught and punished. My school will instantly give you an F on the test you cheated on, and could either give you detention, or suspend you, but you're still in the builiding. Harsh, but hey, don't get caught.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    I concur with narrator's earlier statement, " it ain't cheating if you don't get caught." So true in all aspects of life really, yet you still have to be careful, if you friend was so inexperiened in the art of cheating, she deserved to be caught and punished. My school will instantly give you an F on the test you cheated on, and could either give you detention, or suspend you, but you're still in the builiding. Harsh, but hey, don't get caught.
    well I can't agree with that even though I have cheated a few times in my life (not in school). yes some people will say how much does integrity and principles cost, but hey like Len said sooner or later you will get yourself exposed and busted. People are not stupid and they can see if you know your stuff. Sometimes teacher even turn the blind eye to cheating because they see how hard the student tries.

The truth is yes you can cheat all you want and dont get caught, but the bottom line is if you do that then have no right to get mad when someone cheats you or tells you to shut up when you preach about integrity.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

i hate to be one of the obvious individuals... but yeah... it is cheating when one writes down stuff on the skin areas... in my school no one cares. they even agree with cheating because high test grades will give the school a high reputation. i say whatever. let the person be. if you know it, you don't need to cheat. i'm sure your friend had no intention of cheating, but to adults ::who are @holes:: it is a "crime."
    i lack trust in people, that is my nature but i wouldn't do anything ot the girl. if you cheat, it will come back to haunt you later in life.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast