Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is this considered "cheating"?

Otaku Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001 may be famous one day Joshua001's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is this considered "cheating"?

Quote Originally Posted by twistergal723
    Today in my science class we had a test(25% of our grade )on astronomy...After we spent 10 mins. studying independently our teacher checked our hands,arms,you know stuff like that...So after that my friend wrote some stuff down on her arm like definitions and stuff like that so she wouldn't forget them(since she is often forgetful)..Long story short she was accused of cheating and written up on a referral and then suspended...My question is:Is really that cheating?

Yes it is but beeing suspened was too harsh. A warning, failing the test out right, with a writen assignment to write 100 time "i will not cheat on a test" and a note sent home would have been more apropreate.

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea thats a definet Cheat right there

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Fashion
    I would think it is a form of cheating, but I have much trust in people, and I would think that if you have known this friend for very long and trusted her, and she said that she only wrote on her arm for remembering the material, then I guess it was just bad luck. Also, your teacher has no right to check everybody of cheating material, unless they have suspicion of it, and they can't lay a finger on you either. That's how it works at my high school. Just everything off your desk except the required materials such as paper, pencils, pens, calculators, all the basic things.

~The King of Fashion, Danny Liu
    And thats what the teacher told us to do right before she wrote that on her arm...I would know since I sit right beside her....But monday me and most of my grade(my friend is very pouplar )are going to protest about her punishment...For me and most people that was too harsh...And since she didn't get ISSP she can't do her work...As for the teacher checking on us she(the teacher)says its perfectly legal(which everyone knows its not )

I'm ♥mazing!

Newbie fookongmick may be famous one day fookongmick may be famous one day
    Thanks

I would consider that cheating... afterall, if she would be allowed to do it, everyone else would do it! So yea... it's cheating....

AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunlately, any thing tht gives a student an advantage in a test has to be punished but how hard the punishment must be is up to the teachers to decide

Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twistergal723
    And thats what the teacher told us to do right before she wrote that on her arm...I would know since I sit right beside her....But monday me and most of my grade(my friend is very pouplar )are going to protest about her punishment...For me and most people that was too harsh...And since she didn't get ISSP she can't do her work...As for the teacher checking on us she(the teacher)says its perfectly legal(which everyone knows its not )
    She'll get you on a loophole. Guarantee it. She'll simply have to say that "I had plenty of suspicion, which is obvious, because of the fact that I caught the girl." Also, as far as the punishment goes, it's at the administration's discretion, thus, you'll be unable to have anything done about that. They'll simply say, "It seemed to us that this was the best punishment for the child."
    I'd say go find something WORTH fighting for. This is over, done with, it's not a big issue. If however you feel that this is worth the fight, talk to your parents or perhaps a parent that is involved with the PTA. They'd know if this is worth putting up a fight against and above all else, should they see a reason to fight against this, they'd know how to do it in a civilized manner.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Newbie DarkKnight may be famous one day DarkKnight may be famous one day
    Thanks

Cheating?? of course....
    Suspended??? I think that failing the test would be more than enough

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

man that was hard.......... suspended......
    i mean if it was like a final or something....
    but suspended, probably they were trying to make an example out of her... but still its kind of hard..... only for a few letters in ur arm....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast