Alright here are the questions:
1) Has anyone seen the movie yet? IF so, what is your opinion?
2) Has anyone read the book before the movie? IF so, what is your take on the similarities or differences?
I have only read the book so far, and when I watch the previews on my friends laptop (as I am currently deployed and unable to see "Constantine" in theatres), alot of the images there and the images I've conjured in my mind while reading it, are exactly the way they have it played out. The book was amazing and my watching the preview only makes me want to see the movie even MORE!!!
3) What is your outlook on the way that they describe the deal made between God and Lucifer, the way that Constantine can travel between realms, and religion mixed in with the magicks of the Occult at the same time?
1. I haven't seen the movie yet... is it even out?
2. Never read the book, but read alot bout it on their site.
3. Hmm, i don't mind the plot. It's just a movie.
Lastly, i can't wait to see it ;)
Honestly, I've looked at picking up this book in the last week or so after I heard that there would be a movie based on it. I'm really looking forward to the movie as well.
I am very much looking forward to this movie, my first anticipated movie of the year. I've heard good things so far and its still 2 weeks away. I hope it owns, not just for me but because it looks like it could possibly be another great trilogy for Keanu if it does. FEB 18th, I'll be looking forward to it.
Well it's not out yet.....and looks damn awesome. There are a few differences from the comic book. I'll list the 3.....
1.) The comic is really named "Hellblazer" they just changed the title.
2.) John Constantine in the comic is British and the story takes place in England.
3.) The character was originally Blonde.
These are minor things tho....and some of them were changed for the better.... (could you buy Keanu with blonde hair? didnt think so)
The movie looks interesting. Yet, despite the difference in concept and story, it feels so... Matrixy.
Probably because Keanu Reeves is in it. Don't let that fool you, this movie is far from the matrix and has a more religious feel to it than a scientific feel.
Does anyone know if that was an alchemy sign on his arms when he combined them in the trailer?
The Sigil (Markings) on his arms were religious in context, though of which one I'm not sure. They are probably a universal sort of Sigil pertaining to all different studies. I'll have to do some research.