Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Constantine

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Honestly, I've looked at picking up this book in the last week or so after I heard that there would be a movie based on it. I'm really looking forward to the movie as well.
    Aye. I will always read the book before watching the movie.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    I had no idea that this movie even existed before I went to the theater and actually saw the previews....I think it looks really awsome...I wonder if I could get the book, I don't think it has been translated in French yet. It did sorta feel like the Matrix to me as well because it's another movie with Keanu and huge awesome looking special effects.

Newbie VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD may be famous one day VampireHunterD's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've seen the comic b4, but never read it so I don't really know the story. I'm still looking forward to seeing this. It looks like it will be pretty cool movie.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Keanu Reeves... I'm still not seeing it... I guess I'll have to wait for it to be released, eh?

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    I didn't know it was a book... just saw the previews.... definetly something I would spend a sh*tload of money to watch in theaters. It seriously looks sooo badass, I really like the over-all darkness of it. I can tell it's gotta be a great movie.
    Doesn't Keanu get all the Jesus parts >_< Isn't he some crazy, religion-defying, moral ravengure in some other movies ? YAY ! GO SACRELIG !
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    I also am looking forward to this movie. From what I've seen it looks pretty good.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Newbie Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I have to say I'm glad alot of you liked the movie. I certainly enjoyed it. The book, in my opinion was a little better only because it housed more detail as to what was going on than the movie did. Alot of the imagery and character descriptions, especially the way Reeves played Constantine, Weisz played Angela, and so on was how I pictured it in my head.
    The director, whose first job as a movie director was this, did a really good job from transitioning from Music Videos to Movies. I haven't read the Hellblazer comics yet, but I certainly intend to, as well as read the novel "Demons" by John Shirley which also played a role in developing the film.
    I just thought Reeves did a good job, unlike alot of people I think Reeves is a good actor; and Rachel Weisz, stunning... she's beautiful.
    The religious undertones, actually overtones, were a a good mix of storyline enhancement.

Overall I give this movie a 9 out of 10, only because film time probably had to get cut short for leaving out some details that were in the book that I believe would have played a crucial role for people who haven't read it to understand some of the things that were going on and the connections between John and heaven and hell.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules
    -Do not post on threads that have been inactive for longer than two weeks.
    In any case, a newer duplicate thread has been opened...

Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2