Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Constantine

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Constantine

Well I just got back from seeing it and I liked it. Its an enjoyable movie. Reeves plays his normal charactered self (the mono-toned guy). The cast was very nice, the special effects just as nice, the style nice as well. A pretty action movie in my opinion. Dont expect much of a script or high profiled acting from this flick, but its worth a look for Reeves fans and comic book fans alike. But my honest opinion, just another comic book movie. (3 1/2 out of 5) That's right a little over average.

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks
    Good to hear that it atleast wasn't a dissapointment, gives me some encouragement to see it tonight. Thanks for the review.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Haven't seen it. All I know is Ebert only gave it 1 1/2 stars. Now I don't always agree with him but he gave some pretty compeling reasons. If you want to convince me he's wrong I'll need more then "The cast was very nice, the special effects just as nice, the style nice as well. A pretty action movie in my opinion." Having never read the comic I know nothing.

Convince me.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Hey, that movie looks friggin sweet. I don't what some stupid critic thinks, I WANT to see that bad! I like Reeves and actions anyway, so i'll definatly try and see it.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just stepped back in from seeing it. it gets two thumbs up from me
    stylish, scary,intense......and i NEVER thought i'd say this but.... Keanu actually plays one sly, shady cat. He plays the character very well. One thing i have to warn people about though...if you are touchy about religious subjects, then you might wanna stear clear of this film. it delves DEEPLY into all that. Good flick....

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks
    Yeah like narrator mentioned already, gets kind of deep into the whole religion thing which they use as the basis for a pretty good plot. The only thing that I was expecting was more action, or atleast that's what I was led to believe from the trailer, but really there isn't that much action in this film and towards the end some things occur rather abruptly. Aside from that it's a decent film to go check out.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Religion? I'm all for that! I love religious films, that way it doesn't look like as stupid of a sci-fi or fantasy. I also like the ideas of heaven and hell, especially hell.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    whats cool about it is that really....it played out like an actual horror film and left all titular character stuff in the background. Which is great cause theres never been a comic book film before where they actually focus more so on the subject matter than the actual hero.
    Last edited by narrator; Feb 19, 2005 at 10:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast