Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Constantine

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Hmmm, I really wanted to see it when it came out yesterday here... and well, didn't ~ but tomorrow I'm planning on watching it. I went through seeing so many previews, and now, it's finally out. I know I'm gonna like it, sci-fi is my thing.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks
    The special effects were great but I kinda got confused with the story. I guess this is one of those movies wherein the viewers must watch it twice or thrice in order to fully understand the plot.

It's a pretty good movie but it doesn't really stand out, at least for me.

Newbie Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I have to say I'm glad alot of you liked the movie. I certainly enjoyed it. The book, in my opinion was a little better only because it housed more detail as to what was going on than the movie did. Alot of the imagery and character descriptions, especially the way Reeves played Constantine, Weisz played Angela, and so on was how I pictured it in my head.
    The director, whose first job as a movie director was this, did a really good job from transitioning from Music Videos to Movies. I haven't read the Hellblazer comics yet, but I certainly intend to, as well as read the novel "Demons" by John Shirley which also played a role in developing the film.
    I just thought Reeves did a good job, unlike alot of people I think Reeves is a good actor; and Rachel Weisz, stunning... she's beautiful.
    The religious undertones, actually overtones, were a a good mix of storyline enhancement.

Overall I give this movie a 9 out of 10, only because film time probably had to get cut short for leaving out some details that were in the book that I believe would have played a crucial role for people who haven't read it to understand some of the things that were going on and the connections between John and heaven and hell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2