Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Contain the Plague

Newbie User Name may be famous one day User Name may be famous one day User Name's Avatar
    Thanks

Contain the Plague

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    I suggest everyone has a little N00b Counter by their post count, which goes up everytime (s)he posts a "lol," "omg," or more than five exclamation marks at the end of a sentence.

I second that, with the stipulation that when you accumulate a certain number (50), you are temporarily banned (1 day) for lowering the level of intelligent conversation so badly. I ask that this penalty be repeated for every 50 n00b counts a member amasses, as well as the penalty being more severe each time.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Why not post it as a reply to the other thread?

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    cuz he also wants to highlight the fact that we should also have a "useless/repeated" thread count ^^
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    cuz he also wants to highlight the fact that we should also have a "useless/repeated" thread count ^^
    How many points do you earn by doing that?

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name
    I second that, with the stipulation that when you accumulate a certain number (50), you are temporarily banned (1 day) for lowering the level of intelligent conversation so badly. I ask that this penalty be repeated for every 50 n00b counts a member amasses, as well as the penalty being more severe each time.

And I suggest a perm ban for people who start a new thread as a reply to a post in another thread.

If you want to reply to something that was said DO IT IN THE ORIGINAL THREAD, don't start a brand new thread.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Newbie User Name may be famous one day User Name may be famous one day User Name's Avatar
    Thanks
    It wasn't a reply, but a way to start a post.

Besides, this is in accordance with the rules, and your suggestion is not.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name
    It wasn't a reply, but a way to start a post.

Besides, this is in accordance with the rules, and your suggestion is not.
    Just what rules are you reading? I have read and enforced them for two years and I still don't see where your first suggestion is or could be stipulated.

You do not start a thread quoting a reply made in another thread...

The suggestion made by Zui Quan has the same valid points as yours, you are asking to ban people for using "omg" and "lol" and he's asking to ban people that start a new thread instead of replying to an existing one, and is our (staff) job to decide what is a valid suggestion or thread not yours.

Thanks
    Sorry for being unclear, but when I said, "Besides, this is in accordance with the rules, and your suggestion is not," I was referring to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    If you want to reply to something that was said DO IT IN THE ORIGINAL THREAD, don't start a brand new thread.
    The other thread was over two weeks old, so replying was a no-no, and I felt Ashi's idea deserved more attention and thus its own thread.

Anyways, yes both points are valid; I was just voicing my own.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast