Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Controlling Lucid Dreams

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Controlling Lucid Dreams

Has anyone ever experienced a lucid dream before? Meaning....a certain point when you actually realize and become conscious of the fact that you are dreaming. Then this realization is initiated by the dreamer noticing some impossible or unlikely situation in the dream, like being able to stop a moving car with your hand or the ability to fly. Almost anything that you want to happen in your dream....can happen, because now you have control of the reins so to speak. I know there is alot of study in this field and i've been intersted in it for quite sometime now. Anyone ever go through one of these before, and if so what happened?

Newbie Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death's Avatar
    Thanks
    i don't think i ever had that kind of situation... i always thought that when i dream its already real. but it turns out that when i wake up in the morning its like i'm doing the same thing again.
    Death Soul Collector

Otaku MuMu Champion Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've had one before. I was on a rooftop in some city. I realized... "Hey, I've never been IN a skyscraper much less ON one..." About that time I fell. I don't remember how far I fell, but I DID FEEL LIKE I WAS FALLING!!! (The whole body tenses and the inner cringe.) Funny thing was, when I woke... I was in mid-air, and hit the ground, falling from my bed to the floor which is a 2 foot drop. "I wished I hadn't woken up so quick... ouch!" That's what I said after I woke AND hit... lol. It took a second before I got up and crawled back into bed, to go back to sleep. Talk about your nightmare come true... lol.

Far be it for me to be anything special, when the only special thing I desire with me, is the special person I share my gifts with.

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Don't you love the good ol' fall then crash/wakeup dream? Luckily, it only happened to me when I daydream, so I'm safe...

No, narr. can't say I've ever had a "lucid" dream. Always believed my dreams, so far as I know. I got a question, though. Has there ever been a time when someone doesn't completely remember a lucid dream? Just thought that would be interesting if ALL lucid dreams are remembered PERFECTLY.

I just kinda go with what's happening, so I never bother to stop and think, hey, what the F*CK is going ON here?!
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have been lucid dreaming since I was about 13-14 yrs old .I'm not sure of the exact age but I do remember the dream. I wanted to fly very badly and it wasn't happening so I just kind of took over. I didn't know there was a name for it though until just recently, I always thought of it as just having a good time while sleeping. Nothing is impossible, and they are much easier to remember then regular dreams, detail wise. After all, you are more concious of what is going on. If you did forget though, how would you know?

Believe it or not I have even taught myself to read in my dreams. I read somewhere once that it is impossible to actually read while you are asleep because of how the brain works when you are dreaming. So I tried it the next time I was "dreaming" and they were right. So I just practiced reading while I was dreaming until I could. It took a few years. Guess I'm just stubborn that way sometimes.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    It happened to me ones, I could read minds, it all took a while but just before i was trying to read the mind of a dog, i woke up, i'm still wondering, what would happened if i did read his mind.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    it happens to me a lot now, almost every night...ever since high school's stressful days and the fear of ppl breaking into my house I tend to sleep light and thus this lucid dreams you talk about...

I can hear my roomates tv playing while im dreaming about something else...

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think there were one or two instances wherein I have done that. I've been into lucid dreaming lately eversince I read about it somewhere in the net. I've been practicing for quite a while now. I hope that I would learn how to better control it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast