Thread: Copy Cats

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

Copy Cats

Now, if its one thing I can't stand, its anime shows that copy one another. A big example is how most shows copy Sailor Moon. What do you think?

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    can you give me an example of a show that copied it?.....and dont say powerpuff girls!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Every once in a while, there is a Anime series that becomes so influential that it spawns off it's own Anime genre... As an example....

Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki (The original OVA series)... The original 'Harem' genre show (This type was originally refered to as 'Tenchi' like shows)

All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku OVA... The original Battle Android Girlfriend series, continued to this day by the likes of 'Steel Angel Kurumi' and 'Mahoromatic'

Neon Genisis Evangelion, has spawned of many inspired series such as 'Dual: Parallel Trouble', 'Brain Powered', 'DevaDasey' and 'RahXephon'...

Mobile Suit Gundam, the original Mecha series... etc., etc.

Now just because a series copies a previous series, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad series. As an example 'Love Hina' is a Harem genre series, but of course, it's completly different in story and characters from 'Tenchi Muyo'...

(And Sailor Moon is a bad example, as the Magical Girl Genre dates back to 1980s during the 'Golden Age' of Anime. It just that Sailor Moon was popular enough to revive the 'Mahou Shoujo' genre in the early 90s...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, I wouldn't say these shows aren't bad, but some are:
    W.I.T.C.H
    Tokyo Mew Mew (but I really do like this show)
    the Winx Club
    maybe theres more...