Thread: cosplay: whats going to far?

Newbie fusionangel_x may be famous one day fusionangel_x may be famous one day fusionangel_x's Avatar
    Thanks

cosplay: whats going to far?

last summer me and my boyfriend went to a cosplay convention in canada and i went as Sakura from Cardcaptors and my boyfriend went as one of his most favorite things an Armored Core i know it sounds strange but he wore the whole costume i think it weight around 250lbs. to me that was just plain crazy i don't know what made him come up with a design like that but it grabed lots of attention at the show thats for sure there were alot of people asking him how much it weighted with out any of the accessories and he told them the truth 250 with out the look alike grenade launcher on his back and karasawa and moonlight in his hands after he had everything on i put him on a scale and the whole thing weighted like 500lbs but yet he was still able to walk around but not runinng guess it takes a hardcore fan of the game to go that far and to think if he were to make it out of what he wanted to it would have been to heavy for him to move it was made out of alumimun ans was designed after his AC that he uses in the game call zero infinity or as he spells it zero infiniti.

so whats the farthest you've ever gone in the name of a game or anime?
    please post your stories

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Not much of a cosplayer but i am planning to do a Sephiroth cosplay, i basically already have the cloat all i need is the 6ft long Masamune and i am currently growing my hair but that will take a long time to finish growing then i intend to dye it white/grey and then go to some cosplay conventions.

if you click my sign i have posted some pictures of my at the London Anime Expo 2005, its posted on msn my space feel free to have a browse i even have pictures of Hideo Kojima.

The mech warrior thing you spoke of sounds very formiliar to something i read on www.mainichi.com i will try to find the picture.Jan

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Going too far?
    Don't make me post the Faye Valentine or the Sailor Moon again...

I never cosplay myself but I've seen some...extreme ones.
    Oh and please use some punctuation fusionangel_x, it's hard to read a block of text like that as if it were one sentence.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Going too far for me would be cosplaying as any female anime character in a skimpy outfit.
    I ain't exactly the thinest girl, so that would be plain scary for the general convention populace.

However, if I could sow, then I would cosplay... nothing much else would be going too far for me. I would even cross-cosplay if I wanted too. It's quite a common trait in cosplay for girls to cosplay as guys. And when it comes to cosplaying bisshies anyway, alot of the time, only a girl can really pull it off well.
    *remembers two female cosplayers, doing a skit from a Shounen-ai anime on stage at the last convention I went too...... I've never cheered, squelled of laughed as much in my life* ^_^

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GamesTesterJan
    and i am currently growing my hair but that will take a long time to finish growing then i intend to dye it white/grey and then go to some cosplay conventions.

Why don't you buy a wig? Anyway, I don't think cosplay's too extreme if it's a passion. It's absolutely awesome! Unless, you hurt yourself physically like getting Kenshin's "X" scar or something. That'll be too extreme.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    oo i've never done it but i would like to, i wanna go as kyo from fruits basket or kaoru from evangelion, but hey i think to far would be doing something that actually damages your body, i guess that some hardcore fans just don't breath enough fresh air so it stops their brains working properly. lol. going in something so skimpy people can actually see your areas would be a little to far for my liking.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune