Thread: Cost of living in Japan

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Cost of living in Japan

I was just wondering what the cost of living japan is maybe town like
    Kyoto or maybe Okinawa is it very outrages or do ppl actually make a
    good living there and also the prices of maybe entertainment and stuff
    like that how is it
    I have never been to Japan and plan a two week holiday there in the
    summer so yeah i need to find out a couple of thing especially the cost
    of living if any body wanna advise me feel free to do so.....

LOL

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cost of living in Japan

er..i hav no idea wher tat two place r -_-"""
    but then..seeing as my bro went to japan be4...
    d cost of livin is high..but d food ther is superb(frm wat i heard)
    it's healthy,nc if u like green tea or cold food..yeah...so hav fun ther..

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

the guiness book of records says that tokyo is the most expensive place in the world to live in so i can probably say the other cities are much the same but i dont know about the towns or villages
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Newbie Vault 35 may be famous one day Vault 35 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Don't let the high cost of living in Japan scare you. Japan is expensive but if you stay there for any length of time beyond a tourist visa limit, you are probably going to be gainfully employed even if you are just teaching English. I was there for about two and a half years and I never ran out of money. The company I worked for located housing for me. It was like living in a dormitory but I was only there to sleep, have sex, or change clothes. They usually put one person to each room for privacy but I did see some people double up on their own--usually lovers. I spent a lot of money on anime stuff, clothes, tech toys, and dating and still never ran out of money. I was always eating and drinking at izakayas with my co-workers or my girlfriend even though the building I lived in had a large communal kitchen.

You'd be surprised at how many shoes you will wear out fast living and working in Japan. Most of the walking around you will do in Japan is shopping related. The daily commute to and from work is only a small part of it.

I knew some guys that were making damn good money because they worked crazy hours for a few months at a time. Then they would take off on a months vacation and tour Europe or other parts of Asia. Whenever they ran out of money, they would come back to Japan and work crazy hours for another few months. They would go on like this for several years until they got ready to marry and settle down.

Housing in Kyoto is more difficult to secure than in Tokyo. Owners ask for more key money and larger security deposits. A similar situation exists in Osaka. A lot of people in Japan live in housing developments owned by the companies they work for. This is particularly helpful when one is young and single. Some live in corporate housing all their lives. When they get married and have kids, the company sells or leases them a bigger house. This type of deal can save workers a lot in key money and deposits. This also eliminates the need for co-signers on leases--the company itself becomes the tenants' sponsor.

I knew a lot of young people teaching English in Japan just so they could make a shitload of money fast so they could pay off their student loans. They all succeeded.

Get a bachelors degree in anything, save up some travel money, and hit the bricks in Tokyo or Yokohama. You will be surprised at how fast you can get a job. Remember, you don't have to stay there forever if you don't like it. Japan isn't for everyone and it is best for young single men from western countries. That is a fact and that fact will never change.

Japanese immigration law requires any employer to pay foreigners a fixed salary and employers cannot legally pay you less. Trust me on this: It will not be very long before you are probably making much more than that fixed, bottom level salary.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice will take it in consideration when going there to see what Japan looks like and what everybody is Raving about u know the way of living the ppl the friendlyness and the countryside so yeah i would like to see the place first hand.