Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cults ~ Need advice?

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cults ~ Need advice?

in my opinion i would be concerned... any group that tries someone financily is already sending up a red flag, if theese peopkl are forcing her to attend or forcing their beliefs on her then its something to be concerned about. i strongly suggest you speak to her about it, and find out her opinions. tell her its alarming you and inform her of the possible consequences.

i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    We don't like to think of ourselves as a "cult".
    I think narrator and Hassun should just "they" tone of voice and start doing what royalty did in the Victorian Era ~ Refer to themselves as "We."

(For instance, if Hassun wanted to make a quick comeback, he could say): "We are not amused at this."
    (And narrator could reply by saying): "The proletariat does not have influential means on us, we are not swayed by the likes of them."

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tasukuchan
    I think narrator and Hassun should just "they" tone of voice and start doing what royalty did in the Victorian Era ~ Refer to themselves as "We."

(For instance, if Hassun wanted to make a quick comeback, he could say): "We are not amused at this."
    (And narrator could reply by saying): "The proletariat does not have influential means on us, we are not swayed by the likes of them."
    Are you suggesting that we are better than everyone else? Please continue.

We don't do cults though, cults are for weiners.

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Are you suggesting that we are better than everyone else? Please continue.

We don't do cults though, cults are for weiners.
    LOL hahah... Too late, I took the cult idea, as you can clearly see. I like the name Bright&Shiny™ ...it has a catchy tone to it. But yes the Victorian "they" tone of speech is very amusing! HAHA

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a "cult" out in my small town. THOUSANDS of people have travelled all over the world to join... For only $5000 a month.
    The woman that formed this "spiritual group" claims that she gets posessed by an ancient warrior who channels knowledge of the past and future. She had this HUGE complex built... Worth millions of dollars. Yeah... It's a bloody cult. And because of this woman and her $5000 a month cult, a small group of Buddhists built a small temple here. Which is nice... becuase I go and meditate with them, and help them with their garden. (^_^)

Come and join our cult! At a special autumn sale price of only $5000 a month!
    But wait, call now and we'll throw in a Buddhist temple absolutely free! J/k

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose
    There is a "cult" out in my small town. THOUSANDS of people have travelled all over the world to join... For only $5000 a month.
    The woman that formed this "spiritual group" claims that she gets posessed by an ancient warrior who channels knowledge of the past and future. She had this HUGE complex built... Worth millions of dollars. Yeah... It's a bloody cult. And because of this woman and her $5000 a month cult, a small group of Buddhists built a small temple here. Which is nice... becuase I go and meditate with them, and help them with their garden. (^_^)
    Lawl, $5000 a month ~ I think I know someone who could afford that!

This 20 year old kid that I know in my career development class is constantly bragging about how he's going to "be hitting it big in his private business" and how he travels to "Taiwan and the Phillipines to pick up Asian women" and how he plans on eventually making nearly a million annually.

I can't believe it when I listen to him. Literally, it's like listening to someone insane, but all the girls swoon over him because he's a body builder...and he's "Got plans" or whatnot...I say he's got issues. He should join that $5000 / month cult of your's!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    Yeah, it's called Christianity.
    XD ...hey now, don't joke around about that (or be serious), you'll get hammered by millions of people. ... ^.^ (Except me, even though I'm Christian) ... it depends "which Christian you are"... ... ¬.¬ (thought quite frankly, I'm sorta' annoyed that there are different kinds of Christians... if we all believe in the same thing, why do we have to start adding all these other rules?! ... I mean, heaven through works is a Catholic thing. You wanna' do that, you be a Catholic)

As for me? The only help I can give is:

What is the difference of a cult and a religion?
    Cult (dictionary) :
    a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
    b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
    2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.

3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.

4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.

a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
    b. The object of such devotion.

6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

By all means, it just sounds like that a cult is an "extreme" or an "obsessive" religion.

I know everyone knew that, but I was just making it clear.
    Now let me make my point.

Sometimes, people just want to be accepted, or find a meaning in this life.
    ...or perhaps, it sucks them in, making them "realize" things...

Religions are there... however, sometimes people find them a little iffy. Or totally iffy. Like the iffy of iffotopia. Or iffy of iffopopulis... or iffy of...
    ... *ahem*

Anyways, people just find them... iffy.
    Then a cult comes in, somehow, it just fits! Everything you wished for, or everything you could have been surprised by is here!
    ...It doesn't brainwash you, you're just accepting their methods.

Yeah, you get worried if someone gets killed due to a cult.
    Well, if they found a fear in it, it's a little too late... you should find someone that they would absolutely trust... and they should consult with them, in friendly terms... a friendly conversation... just ask them about it, find if there is a seed of doubt, and bring it up like a normal topic...
    Don't start pointing lasers yet... it's like an animal that's usually hunted, it doesn't trust you with the whole "I'll be nice to you"... any sudden movements, and it'll run back screaming.

... just try to plant more seeds of doubt... bring it up like a normal thing... until it finally gets to their head that "this is not the one"... or "this is wrong"...

But you do realize something... right?
    If you're doing this, you're competing against whoever is the leader of this cult or religion. Whoever that leader is, he/she must be cunning to start a cult (or everyone there is just stupid) ... you're battling that person, not the cult, not the cultist. It's a battle of wit. A battle of planting seeds of doubt!
    Who do you let them doubt more?
    Who do you let them trust more?

...it's all about TRUST in the end.

Let them trust you (or whoever is talking them out of it) ... but be prepared to defend them. Next time they come back home, they'll have more doubt against you. Now, they would do one of two things (by an 86% chance) ...
    1. Completely not talk to you about it.
    2. Try to convince you that the cult is right.

If they don't talk to you... try to find a way to get the topic running again (I can't give you an advice as to HOW, because you know them better than I do) ...

...if they try to convince you, you better be prepared for anything they'll throw at you...

Oh, and this is important:
    1. Don't show any nervousness
    2. Don't show any fear
    3. Don't show any doubt in yourself
    4. Don't sound accusing
    5. Don't get defensive
    6. Don't get aggressive
    7. Don't shoot in any insults unless it's a friendly joke
    8. Don't try to make them sound stupid
    9. Don't try to get them out of the cult, aim for making them think harder about it
    10. Let the time come... let the words roll...

I'm sure you know why. If you don't, then you gotta' think about it before starting anything.

................... trust me, I've convinced a lot of people out of Christianity.
    (yeah, I know... I'm a Christian who did the exact opposite that he was supposed to do...... why? I did all that jazz during the time that I had the idea that: "Those who are weak will make others weak... a chain reaction will happen like a domino-effect, and all will fall.... if you destroy those who are weak, then the domino-effect can be slowed down or stopped." )

^_^ (Please forgive me if I have offended anyone)

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Im to lazy to read all that, can you sum that up? XD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast