Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutesy Anime Vs. Mature Anime

Newbie Maniax may be famous one day Maniax may be famous one day Maniax's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Cutesy Anime Vs. Mature Anime

Alright, I just wanted to start a discussion about 2 kinds of anime.

Which do you prefer? Why?

You got your Cutesy Anime
    And you got your Mature Anime
    but there is also this stuff thats in between...which is kinda cutesy but is violent i guess to some degree i guess.

I always prefer a mature oriented anime. A more serious and real anime appeals to me more. I mean I like a comedy every now and then I guess there are some things that I really like that arn't super mature or anything, and may be focused more on the childrens audience such as from Studio Ghibli.
    Princess mononoke was like the first anime i really loved, but it opened me up to others that I really enjoyed.

And for some reason I wouldn't know where to put some animes that they have licensed and brought to america like Naruto, DB/Z/GT, Onepiece, Inyuasha, and a lot others. It always seems that they tone down a lot of the anime's thye bring over, i hate that! I just thing they are messing up something art! I cant stand it! Garble garble garble.
    Spike-O!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cutesy Anime Vs. Mature Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Maniax
    Alright, I just wanted to start a discussion about 2 kinds of anime.

Which do you prefer? Why?

You got your Cutesy Anime
    And you got your Mature Anime
    but there is also this stuff thats in between...which is kinda cutesy but is violent i guess to some degree i guess.

I always prefer a mature oriented anime. A more serious and real anime appeals to me more. I mean I like a comedy every now and then I guess there are some things that I really like that arn't super mature or anything, and may be focused more on the childrens audience such as from Studio Ghibli.
    Princess mononoke was like the first anime i really loved, but it opened me up to others that I really enjoyed.

And for some reason I wouldn't know where to put some animes that they have licensed and brought to america like Naruto, DB/Z/GT, Onepiece, Inyuasha, and a lot others. It always seems that they tone down a lot of the anime's thye bring over, i hate that! I just thing they are messing up something art! I cant stand it! Garble garble garble.

I dont really prefer one over the other. I find entertaining value in both.

BTW you can get the untoned down version of inuyasha on dvd.

Otaku kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha, I know how you feel. ^_^
    I personally like Cutesy anime as in Chobits, Yakitate Japan, Ah My Goddess,etc.
    But over some time, I start realize some trend, most anime target teenager, which means story on love affare, school, and fighting. Moreover, it added many expresion/illusion that normal person wouldn't able to act out. Which conclude that most anime are Cutesy anime. (I couldn't think of a Mature Anime.)
    So I am not sure what you mean by a mature anime... Can you give some example of what you mean by Mature Anime and Cutesy Anime. ^_^

Newbie Maniax may be famous one day Maniax may be famous one day Maniax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenenth84
    Haha, I know how you feel. ^_^
    I personally like Cutesy anime as in Chobits, Yakitate Japan, Ah My Goddess,etc.
    But over some time, I start realize some trend, most anime target teenager, which means story on love affare, school, and fighting. Moreover, it added many expresion/illusion that normal person wouldn't able to act out. Which conclude that most anime are Cutesy anime. (I couldn't think of a Mature Anime.)
    So I am not sure what you mean by a mature anime... Can you give some example of what you mean by Mature Anime and Cutesy Anime. ^_^

Well mature anime to me would be like the movie "Ninja Scroll" or the Rurouni Kenshin OVA's. Those both have very indepth feeling about actually what it would be like to be in a time period of that era, by giving off that feeling of the poor and how rough it was back in those days. Even though Ninja Scroll has a lot of fantasy type demon creatures in it, it still shows a couple sex scenes and has some great graphic fight scenes.
    I would consider The Ghost in the Shell series for mature audiences since the premise of it is based on a deeper more thoughtfull storyline. It took me a couple times of watching Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2 to understand how it is in a way a very spirtual anime. Same with Evangelion Neongenises as well as Battle Angel Alita.

But then again I consider an anime for mature audiences if it has a lot of violence where there is guys getting there heads blown/cut off or maybe if people are being tortured/raped or so.
    Mugen no Juunin is a good example of a mature manga.
    Spike-O!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

!!!! somedays i like mature somedays i like cutesy.... mostly kawaii anime though!
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I like both kinds of anime if they don't involve hentai or a lot of blood. I have never seen an anime with hentai in it, and never will.

I have seen Samurai X OVAs, and I like it very much. There is a lot of blood in the first two discs, but I can deal with that. Ninja Scroll is a bit toooooooooooooooo much.

I like 'em clean and pure.
    Last edited by kedar; Nov 28, 2005 at 12:42 PM.

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

I get what ya mean Maniax...Between Mature and Cutesy......I love em both.....Cuz I love so many shows.....And Hell YES Mugin is a VERY good example of Mature....hahah....Gotta love him....

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

When I think of my anime collection, they are all cute. Besides that, the only "mature" anime I have is hentai, but I only have a few random episodes.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast