Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cutesy Anime Vs. Mature Anime

Otaku kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cutesy Anime Vs. Mature Anime

I know one that is MATURE ANIME from the beginning to the end and its a great anime! (try Kimi ga Nozomu Eien) this one is the Mature type of anime you discribe.
    By the way, is Gunslinger Girl a Mature type of anime also? ^_^;
    It's about young girls who lived in a fictional sociaty that each of them has special artificial body. They work as an assassin for a company, and the story takes part in somewhere Itally and show from the young girls point of view.
    Overall its a fascinating story.
    Last edited by kenenth84; Nov 28, 2005 at 09:13 PM.

Newbie Maniax may be famous one day Maniax may be famous one day Maniax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenenth84
    I know one that is MATURE ANIME from the beginning to the end and its a great anime! (try Kimi ga Nozomu Eien) this one is the Mature type of anime you discribe.
    By the way, is Gunslinger Girl a Mature type of anime also? ^_^;
    It's about young girls who lived in a fictional sociaty that each of them has special artificial body. They work as an assassin for a company, and the story takes part in somewhere Itally and show from the young girls point of view.
    Overall its a fascinating story.

Hmm Im guessing Kimi ga Nozomu Eien has some sex in it. since the description is just about a highschool kid who meets a girl. dun dun dun! lol
    Spike-O!

Newbie obliteration may be famous one day obliteration may be famous one day obliteration's Avatar
    Thanks

A couple years ago, I would sink my teeth into any dark, violent, occult oriented show I possibly could, but ever since I sat through Berserk, I just could no longer find entertainment in series of that nature. Occasionally, I'll find some of the more serious shows and movies to my liking but it's usually in part due to attraction to the story line and concepts rather than violence and gore. Ghost In The Shell (both the movies and the show) and Shakugan No Shana are two such examples. Shows like Elfen Lied are too much, though.

On the other hand, some cutesy shoes that are full of fluff sicken me. Yet cutsey shows with a healthy serving of comedy are right up my alley. Shows like Azumanga Daioh, Ichigo Mashimaro, Pani Poni Dash, School Rumble, and Mahoraba hit the spot perfectly. As far as the cheap, typical, "We've nothing to offer but over-played sex jokes" fanservice shows are concerned, I couldn't possibly care. When I watched 'em, their only redeeming quality was the aforementioned fanservice, but watching those shows does more harm than good nowadays, so I don't bother.

Of course the middle ground series like Bleach, Rozen Maiden (would that count?), Beck, and Futakoi Alternative are always fun to watch.

[ Romans 1:6: And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. ]

Otaku Fluffy-Chan may be famous one day Fluffy-Chan may be famous one day Fluffy-Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

I watch both, sometimes i want to watch cutesy anime like Fruits Basket or sometime i want to watch mature anime like Hellsing, just depends on my mood.

Newbie Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko may be famous one day Mijuko's Avatar
    Thanks

For me, it usually just depends on the story more than the presentation of the characters. I *prefer* more 'serious' anime - Ranma 1/2 does not appeal to me in the least - but Totoro still holds me entranced (as do any Ghibli movies), and FMA and Naruto both hold my attention very well.

Newbie Puss N' Boots may be famous one day Puss N' Boots may be famous one day Puss N' Boots's Avatar
    Feeding the birds hoping for something in return.
    Thanks

I really can't say...I watch both. But, Content and Storyline plays a big part for me.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I would say the same thing almost everyone said: It depends on the storyline and content...

But let me be honest to another opinion of mine:
    It depends on my mood.

I'm happy as can be and the world is spinning flowers in the air:
    Do you really think I'm going to go watch Vampire Hunter D for breakfast? ¬.¬

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I don't really separate my anime like that, my choice of anime depends on the art itself. Anime like Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Witchhunter Robin are on my list of favorites. But most Mature anime are drawn alike, and to my liking, so I'll have to go with Mature, all the way.
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast