Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: D.S. or PSP?

Newbie Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenda_Vahn
    for the psp, most likely going to stick with square games, and EA, but d.s. is going to be more of a social thing. with things like the picto-chat, and wi-fi, itll be an online chat room without the stupid computer freezing.
    Wrong. Squeenix is making a variety of titles to appear on the DS, much more than on the PSP. I've got a feeling that they want to stay with nintendo handhelds.

Me, the DS. The graphics aren't really as good as the PSP and all, but damn, the features are great. The touch screen is so sleek, as is the design. The connectivity....perfection. And the games coming out, oh boy. The DS, so far, is going to be fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, though. PSP is great too, I just don't like it quite as much.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yeah, the DS is going to stomp the PSP like so many buffalos stomping watermelons.

Newbie Melanic may be famous one day Melanic may be famous one day Melanic's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've just played a bit of the metroid demo thats included with the DS. And, to be honest, i'm not too thrilled with the controls. Having to use the touch screen to aim, and jump seems to be more of a bother than innovation. Especially when you have 4 perfectly good buttons used as a second set of direction keys.

Graphics are pretty decent, thought I think theres a lot of power left in the DS to squeeze out... this is the first title after all.

But would I get it? maybe... Nothing can beat a good game of multiplayer bomberman in my opinion, and thats coming out next year. I'll probably wait and see how it is before making anything final.

I'm pretty sure I won't be getting PSP anytime soon tho. $200+ is just too much for a handheld...

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    anh I played on my buddies DS some today. it was descent, dunno if I'd shell out that much money for it. Just didn't have any features I wanted.

Josh-"but Greg you can write messages on the bottom to so and so"

Greg-"yeah well I was ignoring him for a reason I sure dont wanna right messages to that fool lol, besides if I wanna call him a moron I'll do it to his face not pay 150 bucks just to write it to him *smirk*"

I would say the same for the PSP. Just depends on if the movies they sell at a descent price I'd almost get it for that and the fact that I can go "hey now I can play a game too" I'd really rather just have a laptop lol. but yeah if I get one it'll be the PSP. I just am not real big into most of the games on the DS. Guess I've outgrown them and or I'm just too old for them lol

I think the DS is going to have a younger Fanbase mostly and dominate in that age range and the PSP will be for the older gamer looking for more of an entertainment portable with more adult oriented games

Quote Originally Posted by Melanic

I'm pretty sure I won't be getting PSP anytime soon tho. $200+ is just too much for a handheld...
    just a heads up seems you haven't heard they priced that thing in Japan at around like 185, which was announced a few weeks back. So not sure where your getting 200+ at, sorry but I hate when people guess as I'm sure they'll make the US price about the same. Both are expensive even for the prices they are now.

In the end it comes down to you need to get which one has the games you want first and foremost. Then let the features be a side line decider. Both systems are built on good hardware so its rather unnecessary to base it solely on that, you need to look at the game library. The days of fanboys are needing to die, if you choose based on just what you've always gotten then go ahead and shoot yourself in the foot. I know in my youth I was a Ninetendo fanboy, I waited for that damn N64 thinking it'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and waited on getting a Playstation cause I didn't wanna "betray" nintendo. Then N64 came out and was rather lame. Glad at the time I got the playstation. And then later a PS2 and Xbox. Its time for people to grow up and play the games they want for whatever reason they want and not argue to the bone about it by being a companies logo whore. Its why I get one of every system
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Nov 21, 2004 at 09:54 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Xenda_Vahn may be famous one day Xenda_Vahn may be famous one day Xenda_Vahn's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    just a heads up seems you haven't heard they priced that thing in Japan at around like 185, which was announced a few weeks back. So not sure where your getting 200+ at, sorry but I hate when people guess as I'm sure they'll make the US price about the same. Both are expensive even for the prices they are now.
    at e3 this year, sony anounced that the psp would be priced $250-350

Newbie Xenda_Vahn may be famous one day Xenda_Vahn may be famous one day Xenda_Vahn's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Kiyone
    Wrong. Squeenix is making a variety of titles to appear on the DS, much more than on the PSP. I've got a feeling that they want to stay with nintendo handhelds.

Me, the DS. The graphics aren't really as good as the PSP and all, but damn, the features are great. The touch screen is so sleek, as is the design. The connectivity....perfection. And the games coming out, oh boy. The DS, so far, is going to be fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, though. PSP is great too, I just don't like it quite as much.
    square enix might be doing alot for the ds, but you have to rember the ff series that can only be continued by sony and their affiliates. in my opinion crystal chronicles was really gay, as was final fantasy tactics advanced. the final fantasy games were good on the snes, and the nes, but on anything not sony, they bite hardcore. and then there are all of the other great rpgs that square is known for. nintendo hasnt made a good rpg since tales of phantasia.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanic
    to be honest, i'm not too thrilled with the controls. Having to use the touch screen to aim, and jump seems to be more of a bother than innovation.
    i totally agree, but do you really see anyone elses handheld having a touch screen?

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Yeah -- I want both. I'm afraid I am going to get the DS. If the PSP didn't have the smaller discs and you coulf play the PS2 game and PS1 games that you already own -- then it would be cool. Yeshum....the DS will stomp all over.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast