Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: D.S. or PSP?

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenda_Vahn
    at e3 this year, sony anounced that the psp would be priced $250-350

wrong again. At E3 they made no price announcement on price which was in just about every article written about the PSP after it was unveiled. Analyst "GUESSED" it could cost up to that much. But Sony never made a peep. (where do you pull this from or do you just make it up?) in other words never go by here say.

heres the official announcement made just a few weeks ago. Btw E3 was back in May so anything even mentioned then would be overwritten by this announcement. But again at E3 they stated they had not announced a street price. Use sources not here say

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10...s_6111570.html

this is the article mentioning the official announcement from Tokyo

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie superblaster may be famous one day superblaster may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Whats interesting is the features on the DS that will probably open up ways for new ways of playing games. To me, the PSP is just another console, only smaller. Its true that the games are what matters on a system but in terms of hardware, its undenaiable that the DS has the advantage. Lets see anyway.

Newbie Jin4576 may be famous one day Jin4576 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I dont like the DS...I tried it at EB and it was weird...idk i guess the 2 screen deal doesnt appeal to me. The PSP looks ok, but I wont say anything yet until i get a chance to play it....hopefully they dont suck like the ngage did...
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    advantage in what that it has a touch screen? sorry but that feature doesn't appeal to me in the slightest as I've already mentioned. I dont care to scribble messages to my co-workers. I'll roll over to their desk if I want to chat, I'm not in grade school or high school so I dont find that feature entertaining. Again your going based on a matter of preference not actual "advantage" it may have more features you care for, but for someone who doesn't want/need/care about a touchscreen its just a novelty and would be most likely a useless one for them. Whereas for me the PSP is more appealing in that it can play movies, which someone else may not care for or need. Again preferences people. Your using opinions and your personal preferences as facts that are going to make it "the best" when in the end someone is gonna get it based on what they want. Not what other people tell them. Because in the end you have a better chance of converting Satan to christianity then changing someones mind on such matters. Because the statement that its "undeniable that the DS has the advantage" in terms of hardware is definitely just your opinion. As for me its the total opposite, I dont see the DS playing games/movies/and music like the PSP. Its more the total portable entertainment package geared towards people looking for things such as myself and others in the same taste. So scribble on that screen, as I dont see it as undeniably proving anything.
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Nov 22, 2004 at 07:51 AM.

Newbie Jin4576 may be famous one day Jin4576 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    agreed, its just like getting a cell phone...some people could careless about all the new stuff like internet and camera phones and junk and just like the basic ones. Others do go for the camera phones and all the jazz...me I like the camera phones just b/c i love to take pics and whatnot... <-------peference point thing
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Newbie Xenda_Vahn may be famous one day Xenda_Vahn may be famous one day Xenda_Vahn's Avatar
    Thanks
    if you want movies, pay 100 bucks for a portable dvd player! the disks there are chaeper, and the library is already huge! id get it for the awesome games i already know that its going to have, not the movie and mp3 functions. ds IS inovative, but then again, so is the psp. they both have great functionality, even if aiming, jumping, and all that other stuff is a little bothersome with a stylus and touch screen. but then theres all that money that you have to spend to get all the movies you already have for a normal dvd player for the psp. and tehn alll of the other stuff you have to buy for it just to put mp3s or movies on a disc... nvm. that means i can watch samurai champloo with out having to buy the dvd!!! iv changed my opinion on the wish that you can put avi"s on the disks. i hope they do that, cuz it would be the shiznight!

Thanks
    see now you got the idea. Cause you know eventually they have people either have "universal" or modded PSP's that let you burn your own downloaded stuff on it (hopefully) and that would own. But I wouldn't count on it anytime soon. In fact may never happen its just wishful thinking for now. It'd depend on if that new disc sony has made that the PSP is running comes out in some sort of burnable form. And I dunno about that, maybe something that you could hook up to a USB to your comp and transfer it. I dunno just smoke in the air right now. But I'm looking at what its got for sure. And I dont really want a portable DVD. I'm just saying its nice that the portable system I'm thinking of getting has these other options available to me. Whereas I dont have to go buy extra. Course I already have an ipod so thats kinda a useless option for me. But with its wireless capabilities (and yes thankfully the DS has them as well) my buddies and I can play eachother in the office. We do all the trashtalk out loud though we dont care to write it down lol. If I could afford it I'd probably get both, as there are definitely some nintendo owned licensed games I'd love to have. But it'll come down to me weighing out what boths libraries will have. And Nintendo has the jump right now since it plays some of the older games (I heard the guy at EB say it only plays Gameboy Advanced games and not all the old old ones is that true?? that didn't make sense to me!) but yeah at the same time I remember with the original PS came out and even I along with others paid it no mind and it came out to eventually own the market and now the PS2 (even though I love my Xbox just as much)

Newbie Kiroshi may be famous one day Kiroshi may be famous one day Kiroshi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I got my DS yesterday took in some old games to get a game for it. I have to say it's really fun, Mario 64 DS has sooo many mini-games it's incredible and they all are cleverly made to use the touch screen in different ways.

I have spent more time playing the mini-games then I have playing the main game. Also if anyone is thinking twice about getting Mario 64 DS... GET IT! it's even better then when it launched and different in many ways. They have added so may new areas and characters its well worth it.

The Metroid Prime demo that comes with the DS is very impressive and shows a little of what they can do with the handheld. I'm waiting for a new Zelda to be announced on this bad boy

I cant compare the DS to the PSP, it is now very obvious how very different the 2 handhelds are and what they are going to bring to the market. Most games for the DS are going to be a little more inovative in a sense that they will utilize the touch screen in some way, where as the PSP will bring new and your favorite titles to a handheld (metal gear acid, gran turismo 4, probebly FF7 that would be kewl).

My ending thoughts are that both handhelds will have something to offer the market, it comes down to which you want first or can afford first and if Sony launches the PSP Over $200 I'm not buying it till it goes down.
    "The man who saw half a century ahead" -Osamu Tezuka

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast