Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Da Vinci Code

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Da Vinci Code

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    It was bound to happen. Dan Brown wrote that the Priory of Sion is actually real.
    He believes this himself...
    Yes, but isn't he considered a nut job? Mind you, several of the best fiction authors are.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Yes, but isn't he considered a nut job? Mind you, several of the best fiction authors are.
    mind you some of the best people in general are what you would call nut jobs...

i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    You're right. I always think like it's a character building RPG.
    Really talented people/smart people can't spend their skill points on other things...

Newbie Geijetsuka may be famous one day Geijetsuka may be famous one day Geijetsuka's Avatar
    Thanks

oh what a coincidence! im in the middle of the very same book! OH NO! gatta leave this thread!SPOILERS!
    Some times...I wonder if any of us exist at all.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tom_san
    blahhh... tom hankey pankey? they shoulda picked someone better...
    I dont know I think Tom will do a pretty good job at worst, he's a great actor so I think he'll pull off Robert Langdon, but I had someone with a little edge thought out in my head whilst reading it. Someone like Nicholas Cage (who incidentally played a similar role in National Treasure) or John Travolta. But whatever, Hanks will be fine.

Other movie cast include:

Audrey Tatou (Amelie) as Sophie
    Sir Ian McKellen (X-Men, LOTR) as Teabing (this oughta be interesting )
    Alfred Molina (Spiderman 2) as Bishop Aringosa
    Paul Bettany (Master and Commander) as Silas
    And finally Mr. Professional Jean Reno as Bezu Fache.

Altogether a damn impressive cast in my opinion. And with Ron Howard attached how could it not be a sure fire hit?

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

ok, I watched on the discovery channel, with help from the BBC, a special on the Real Da Vinci Code, lets get one thing straight, the story is ficiton, the priory of scion DOES NOT EXIST. It was made up by some guy in the 70's, the guy who invented it created and doctored the documents Brown cites in his book; however, the fact that the holy grail is a blood line, is very credible and the extra books about Mary and the others that were considered lost do exist and are currently being researched. The idea of the holy grail is very credible but in the book, the places that Brown cites as having evidence, with the exception of the louve, are fictional. Their real-life counterparts, have no mention nor have any records of any of Brown's evidence being there. So, The Da Vinci Code is some fiction/some fact. But, a very good read

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2