Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Dance Dance Revolution (DDR)

Otaku TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    Still a 9 mainly have just gotten the number of greats down and added some more heavy AA's to the rack lol I have an Xbox and live but I dont have ultramix or anything. I may try it my thing was I never wanted to because I heard that my Cobalt Flux pad reads as if its a controller instead of a pad. So I didn't want anyone nagging me like I was playing on a controller. Plus I need an adapter o_O I may can borrow my girlfriends Redoctane I got her at christmas. It works with the box and ps2 so that could be an option. You just need to come down to Georgia haha

I still can't beat Beau though. Damn him and his wrestling, it gives him crazy stamina lol. course he is 10 years younger then me too LOL I'm 26 and can still pwn most of the teens hehe. Only Beau and one other guy can actually make me look bad at the local spot. But out in Atlanta I'd get smoked a bit.

Still stuck at 3rd for the last two tournaments too. I was way bad out of shape for the last one I kinda laughed about getting 3rd as the first one I was pretty primed. But better now so if I can just stay in shape, but dont know how I'll do this Sat we'll see
    You sound pretty awesome gig.I've been to some tournaments in Georgia.I might of already played against you.*Who knows^^*BTW how long have you been playin?

Ones life is too short to move like a mortal
    Live by the sword
    Die by the sword
    Stay in the shadows

Newbie naota may be famous one day naota may be famous one day naota's Avatar
    Thanks
    This game is really fun to play, and it's 10 times better with the dance mat. I used that when I went to a friend's house. My favorite song is Twilight Zone, I get that stuck in my head a lot (da da, da da, da da, da da, daaduum) I forgot the name of my other favorite song, but it was fairly calm, had Japanese lyrics to it, and as the song progressed there was more of a techno feeling to it.

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It took me a while to get into DDR, considering the amount of people I know that play it all the time. Now that I finally have it (UltraMix2 on Xbox, btw), I'm hooked. I've been playing approx. 1 1/2 hours a day since I got it. Being the anime fanboy/computer nerd that I am, DDR is the only form of exercise I willingly participate in.

Plus, I'm starting to play pretty well. Yesterday, I got my first AA on a Standard song, and my first B on Heavy. (Both were on Dream a Dream, btw.) Today I'm gonna go for the A on Heavy. I should be able to do it if I keep my stimulant level around where it is right now (I've already had a Red Bull, and I'm working on a 24oz Dew. w00t.)

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmm been playing I guess 3 years on a pad. Mostly at home until May 2004 when our Arcade finally got Extreme. ODDLY guess what guys we just got a "New Generation" of extreme machine and its NUTS. Its the same cabinet only with different buttons. The pads are TOTALLY different to the point that they are prettier, but they are so light that I kinda dont like them yet. They feel like Red Octane Metal pads almost but more responsive. We opened up the cabinet and its running on a freakin Modded PS2 O_O its hardwired to a logic board to make the coinop work. Also its running it off the harddrive so you can load more games! it just has a burned disc in the PS2 to access the programming and the game. But if you skip around you can move it around on the main home menu which was nuts. Its also running no the US Extreme o_O which I hate that interface. I'm gonna mess around and see if I can stick all my old mixes on it, however I'm not 100% sure if that modded PS2 inside plays all burned games or what.

Wild thing is its a Konami built machine I guess they are just going for cheap or something?? which I mean with DDR it all looks the same graphics wise but still that was just odd. And they renamed the levels! Well I'm not sure if its like that on the game yet as well the machines down my bro (the asst manager) said it broke after an hour >_< so I only saw the machine not it actually working. But anyways the levels on the boards that stick on the machine said "Beginner, something something, Dance, Fierce" I'm sorry but I'm a Heavy player not a "Fierce" player lol!!

anyways Twilight Zone is a kickin song, I love doing that one cause people's eyes go O_O but really its not "that" hard on heavy once you learn the pattern and oddly Dream a Dream was my first Heavy AA way back when Max 2 came out lol ^_^ ahh the memories, I haven't played that song in ages, I finally AA'd Matsuri Japan yesterday i was always just a few away but what makes it worse was the score of just 15 Greats ;_; I was sooooooooo close to a AAA, I've NEVER AAA'd a heavy song >_<

Probably haven't played you bud unless you came around here, I've only been in 2 tournaments and tomorrows the 3rd. I've ran them all too at the local arcade so I haven't really traveled around to any yet ^_^ I'm too old lol not really but yeah

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't really get too many chances to play too often anymore since I work and go to school and I play World of Warcraft all the time. Plus I only have the American versions so those can only take you so far.

When I last left off playing I was able to pass Legend of Maxx Heavy and get AA's on a couple of 9 steps. I got down to 29 greats on Rain of Sorrow (Which is very hard to AAA BTW), 27 on Exotic Ethnic, and 14 on Drop Out. I still have been able to AAA any songs but I'm sure I could if I played some of them on light or beginner.

I can pass a good portion of the onis but most of them are on the console versions which are way easier than the machine onis. I think that hardest one that I can pass is "7 Feet" on Extreme USA.
    Too cool for a sig.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    well if you have the Extreme Jap and US Extreme you have pretty much all the machine oni's. And they really are the same, my Japanese Extreme had pretty much all of them minus Tsugaru Apple Mix Challenge, which thankfully was on the US mix.

In other news I won today XD haha w00t only Beau wasn't there so wasn't a total victory to me as to be better I gotta beat him. But oh well it was a good tourney since we got to do a round robin and everyone played everyone to make it about as fair as you can possibly do. And I went undefeated for the first time in a tourney which was sweet. My brother got 2nd in the standard tourney so I was proud of him. I mean afterall he had major back surgery barely 2 months ago o_O before that he was on a cane so ya know good stuff

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    man cybergig your pretty much the expert on these games ive read all your posts and you pretty much sum ALL the questions i have up.
    and congrats to your victory and congrats to your bros 2nd place victory. i mean back surgery two months ago that would be hard to jump around and all that junk but i guess he pulled it off it sound like you have a very strong brother and thats something really cool. how old is he?

Thanks
    he's 21 and he's my little bro lol XD (I'm 26) crazy eh?? nothing better than winning over people 10 years younger than me lol but yeah he's about my height well he's about 6 flat and I'm 6 1"ish but whereas I'm like 160 he's weighing in at a good 250+ I have the frame of a tennis player (since I am one lol) and he's more of a bouncer since well he used to be one (dont ask). So its a lot rougher on him even when he's healthy. But yeah since the back surgery he's been a lot better. Used to be on a cane and such so it had me really depressed worrying about him because he loved playing DDR and for 5 months since the accident he could only watch me. And both those previous tournaments I'd gotten 3rd so I was glad to finally be able to win one for him, plus with the sweep made it that much better. But I've just had a lot of friends help me out with learning everything DDR the last 4 years so yeah a lot were west coasters as well so they told me about how it was over there since they play it somewhat differently than us east coasters. And thanks ^_^

songs of the moment=

Electro Tuned (I never really played it at all that I can remember till the other day and it was fun haha!)
    Gradius Cyber G5 mix
    Leading Cyber
    True Remix

course I still play the heck out of Matsuri Japan which I use as a freakin warmup lol and DXY
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Feb 24, 2005 at 07:54 AM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast