Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dance Monkey Boy, Dance: Why Microsoft doesn't hold "Apple" style Press Conferences

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Dance Monkey Boy, Dance: Why Microsoft doesn't hold "Apple" style Press Conferences

I'm sure that anyone that pays attention to news relating to Microsoft knows about what I'm about to tell you, but first, Why I'm posting this.

I started a 2 year Web design course at my college, and part of the course is being able to give presentations, and my proffessors use Steve Jobs' press conferences as examples.

One day, a student in my class asks why Microsoft doesn't give these types of conferences.

He told us to Google search "Dance Monkey Boy Dance" and look at what comes up.

I was surprised to find a Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dance_Monkeyboy

Here's what it said:

Dance Monkeyboy is an Internet meme and a widely-circulated video of Microsoft's CEO Steve Ballmer at an employee convention. The video features Ballmer dancing and screaming wildly to a song by Gloria Estefan for almost a minute. The video became immensly popular on the Internet, especially on sites like Slashdot where links to it are often included in articles relating to Microsoft.
    Here are some Linkx to the video in question:Keep in mind he did this infront of a Auditorium full of Microsoft employees at ITguy '04.

Needless to say, He made a compleate ass of himself.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dance Monkey Boy, Dance: Why Microsoft doesn't hold "Apple" style Press Conferenc

That... was scary. I've just lost all faith in the corporate America. that sad thing is; someone had to have approved of that before the meeting and thought it was a good idea...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dance Monkey Boy, Dance: Why Microsoft doesn't hold "Apple" style Press Conferences

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not really a proper Tech subject...

Moving to the Cyberlounge....
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dance Monkey Boy, Dance: Why Microsoft doesn't hold "Apple" style Press Conferenc

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not really a proper Tech subject...

Moving to the Cyberlounge....
    No comment from the AO Guru of all things Tech?

And yeah Z, that is Scary.

check this one out: http://www.macboy.com/cartoons/ballmer/

its an iPod spoof of the video

Otaku Panda Golf Champion Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dance Monkey Boy, Dance: Why Microsoft doesn't hold "Apple" style Press Conferences

WOW....that is something that I don't want to see again. That is why I own an Apple. I wouldn't want monkeys coming up with ideas for my computers.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

HA HA HA That's good... Believe it or not, I've seen something worse... The company I work for has huge conferences all the time... With thousands of people. Try seeing about 2,000 people just like that dancing for about 2 hours. Yeah. The exact reason I go to NONE of the conferences.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Wow, we need mouth foaming and new underpants because that guy must have balls the size of melons.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose
    HA HA HA That's good... Believe it or not, I've seen something worse... The company I work for has huge conferences all the time... With thousands of people. Try seeing about 2,000 people just like that dancing for about 2 hours. Yeah. The exact reason I go to NONE of the conferences.
    He did that infront of a auditorium of thousands of Microsoft employees and Press at ITguy '04

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Wow, we need mouth foaming and new underpants because that guy must have balls the size of melons.
    They don't let him do that anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast