Thread: Danny the Dog (Unleashed)

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Danny the Dog (Unleashed)

Yeah, screw the re-title the states came up with. Anyhow, i've heard nothing but excellent reviews for this movie so far and will definately be seeing it this weekend. Supposedly the elements of drama and action are blended perfectly and that it's absolutely Jet Li's best international work to date. Anyone else going to view this? By the way, go get the ost. Massive Attack scored the entire film, so that's all i need to tell you....
    Last edited by narrator; May 12, 2005 at 08:14 PM.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    What was wrong with Danny the Dog anyway?
    It didn't sound mature enough or something?

I'm interested, Luc Besson is known to be very inconsistent in the quality department.
    Let's hope this is one of his better films...

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    What was wrong with Danny the Dog anyway?
    It didn't sound mature enough or something?
    Well, knowing Hollywood I'd probably say they assumed Unleashed sounded more.... catchy and "in your face". To me Unleashed sounds like a bad Steven Segal flick or something. Ah well, i'm off to see the film in a few hours so i'll be back with a review.

Otaku Endless Flight 2 Champion Dnite may be famous one day Dnite may be famous one day Dnite's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ive been interested in it ever since i heard about it. In fact im going to see it today
    Evil is actually in my job description

Thanks
    I saw the film yesterday and i thought it was very well done. The fight scenes (altho sloppily brutal) were nicely pulled off and very innovative (that crammed hallway fight scene rocked). Most people might be a tad confused though you see really....this film is more of a drama than anything else, there is a fine amount of action but its spread out and sort of takes the back seat if you know what i mean. The scenes between Jet and Morgan were the heart of this film, very genuine and touching chemistry that they have together. So, as long as you keep in mind that this is a Drama that happens to have an action scene or two in it, you'll walk out of the theatre pleased. Go check it out.....oh and is if i needed to tell you, the Massive Attack ost rocked hearing it in the theatre