Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11

Thread: darwin: was he right in your eyes?

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: darwin: was he right in your eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me
    I think Darwins theory is very possible although in some ways it makes no sense...

For example if we evolved from monkeys or apes how come they havn't evolved aswell?

And the religious views also have arguments against it...although science and religion are always conflicting.

So in my eyes i am unsure if he is 'right' or 'wrong'
    well ppl say that we evolved from ape in darwins theory is a misconception. really we evolved from the same ancestors of the apes n stuff, so they took a different evolutionary path than we did.

and well do i believe in this theory well, there are point in it that makes sense but like all theorys u need to make sure that it can be proven and this theory so far best fits. if there will be a better theory to state where we came from (beside the bible n stuff) i would be greatly interested in it.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

That's true. Every human in this world evolved from a common ancestor, and we evolved in a way called as "Parallel Evolution". Apes and humans evolved from a common ancestor, and, because our environments were similar, we evolved much the same way.

But, apes took trees and we took land, and our intellience level also increased so our genes and body structure changed, and we evolved and look what we are today.

Also, many species evolve from a common ancestor, but because of their long geographic isolation from each other, look less and less alike, that they can't even interbreed with each other. For example, Darwin's Finches - When they reached Galapagos Islands, they setlled there. Then, they would eat seeds and fruits and multiply, untill there was competetion for existence. Because of this, some bird population were able to fly to other islands, after a while, they evolved.
    ^[One of his theories]
    Last edited by Rave_Grip; Mar 19, 2006 at 02:25 AM.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Darwin was correct in his theory because for a time, he had scientific data to prove it, his observations of the creatures of the Galapagos Islands provided some proof for his theory, however I don't think that his theory is the end all be all explanation. Also, how do you know that apes haven't evolved, do you classify evolved as physical changes or can you classify them as mental or even genetic changes. I believe that humans did evolve mainly because our environments changed and so we had to change with it. Personally I think these questions are great to argue over, but they are practically pointless, why worry about how we became something, why not instead focus on what we can do to change and evolved ourselves from where we are.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11