Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: darwin: was he right in your eyes?

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: darwin: was he right in your eyes?

for there are people that think os scinces befor there religon

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Newbie preston drake may be famous one day preston drake may be famous one day preston drake's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hold.Me.X.Thrill.Me
    I think Darwins theory is very possible although in some ways it makes no sense...

For example if we evolved from monkeys or apes how come they havn't evolved aswell?

And the religious views also have arguments against it...although science and religion are always conflicting.

So in my eyes i am unsure if he is 'right' or 'wrong'
    Animals that do not need to evolve don’t while humans evolve to fit the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by jaam0927
    I think the same way......
    Evolution is like this:
    There environment and animals adapt to live in it, the ones that survive (the strongest ones) pass their genes onto the new generations so that they can survive, and this circle continues in all generations so that living beings can survive
    Does that makes sense?.....
    Exactly as I see it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zackraa
    in the bible it says god took us from the "dirt"
    This word is very vague it means we could have just lived in the dirt like animals the meanings to this are endless

: lurk:
    The Darwin thought.... I do not believe the theory of a man who spent a week with turtles
    Especially a man from an era of people who smoked opium and drank absynth
    Also a statement that raises questions, although the ending statement is funny!

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_
    I believe in evoultion thru and thru. I'm studying sum aspects of science and thru what I have learnt I can see that evolution has occured and is happening.
    We came from Orangutans (sp?) he he! cute...
    This is a thought of mine: animals have evolved into others. We are the result of evolution while animals we see now are other variations of what ancient primitive animals we have come from. Animals like Orangutans are another variation becuz the orangutan has evolved in a different way to suit its environment.

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro
    I believe in the Catholic's theory and in Darwin's theory. Evolution doesn't take place like a year, 2 years or 5 years. It takes thousands or maybe millions of years to actually see the chages.
    this is a point I forgot to make. Evolution is not an instant process. Therefore the animals we see now are still changing slowly through generations of life. Thank you all for your thoughts!

Otaku alison_faith may be famous one day alison_faith may be famous one day alison_faith's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by preston drake
    Animals that do not need to evolve don’t while humans evolve to fit the environment.

Exactly as I see it!!

Also a statement that raises questions, although the ending statement is funny!

This is a thought of mine: animals have evolved into others. We are the result of evolution while animals we see now are other variations of what ancient primitive animals we have come from. Animals like Orangutans are another variation becuz the orangutan has evolved in a different way to suit its environment.

this is a point I forgot to make. Evolution is not an instant process. Therefore the animals we see now are still changing slowly through generations of life. Thank you all for your thoughts!

all you are talking about here is adaptation.
    "The face is the mirror of the mind, and the eyes,without speaking, confess the secrets of the heart." - Saint Jerome

Newbie Leon S. Kennedy may be famous one day Leon S. Kennedy may be famous one day Leon S. Kennedy's Avatar
    Thanks

Umm... sure, i think. Darwin had some issues though, especially with his theory, he refined it and made it more "believeable"

Thank you SasuraiHell!

Newbie nhshady77 may be famous one day nhshady77 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leon S. Kennedy
    Umm... sure, i think. Darwin had some issues though, especially with his theory, he refined it and made it more "believeable"
    i agree with darwin but not this quote.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I see a lot of people saying "prove this" and "prove that"

Creationism and Darwinism are both theories.

Theories cannot be proven. They can only be supported.

Secondly, the bible is invalid in that the bible is blasphemous. The bible was written by man, and goes against the first and second commandments (which were written by God) Not to mention it's been translated many times, and popes and kings long since dead reworded passages to suit their needs.

It's also rubbish that the Earth has only been in existance for 5,000-6,000 years. Carbon dating is actually remarkably accurate based on how far back it can measure, and you cannot dismiss something (such as carbon dating) as false just because it provides evidence that what you currently believe is not true. That is ignorance.

Also, Darwin himself did not do much in the field of evolution, most of these "theories" you people are talking about were made after he died by other people who came across his work. He developed some ideas from the finches he studied, but due to the time period he lived in what he could do with those ideas was limited.

But when it comes down to it, I am positive that evolution does occur. While I do find myself wondering how some extreme organisms evolved to fit their niche, the possible answers are no more fantastic than the tale of Creationism.
    Last edited by frr_Vegeta; Mar 03, 2006 at 03:18 PM.

Newbie Dark-Shadow-Dancer may be famous one day Dark-Shadow-Dancer may be famous one day Dark-Shadow-Dancer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spymonk
    By saying that animals evolved and became humans

1.U insult God and this is not right ....
    2.U insult yourself
    3.U insult everybody on this planet just because some okes was comparing the
    creation of the human race to the evolution of animals.
    So yes i don't believe this apply to us humans maybe animal evolved through
    the ages but we where created in the Image of God.
    Sorry man darwin wasn't so clever...

My 2c

i respect your opionion but thats when i see that god is used as a ignorance tool and no one seems to get it and open their minds to the possibilities. Darwin in my eyes was a genious
    let me soak up your idiocy like a spounge..tingly tingly tingly!
    I tried to keep an open mind but my brains kept falling out.....

this sig is thanks to bloodhawk, you rule man!
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Otaku alison_faith may be famous one day alison_faith may be famous one day alison_faith's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Shadow-Dancer
    i respect your opionion but thats when i see that god is used as a ignorance tool and no one seems to get it and open their minds to the possibilities. Darwin in my eyes was a genious

Darwin was a preacher who hated his own religion and tried to find a way to leave the church. what if animals are just different in areas of the world this is how GOD made it and there is no reason the argue his exsistence. without him creating us no of us would exsist and also if you are telling me that we evolved then you would be saying we evolved to have different skins tones as well is not every human being the same on the inside and if so were is your so called missing link that says we evolved. show me that.
    "The face is the mirror of the mind, and the eyes,without speaking, confess the secrets of the heart." - Saint Jerome

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast