Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: dating and you

Otaku yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92's Avatar
    Thanks

dating and you

should your parnets have any say on who you date?

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: dating and you

Yes, and if you don't respect their opinion that the person you are dating may not be right for you then your an idiot. They are there to look out for your best interest and if they don't like him/her then there must be something you aren't seeing!

Quote Originally Posted by yumyum92
    i'm watching this show on mtv and wanted to see what you guys thought...
    I made a general statement nothing directed at you.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Feb 16, 2006 at 04:09 PM.

Otaku yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92 may be famous one day yumyum92's Avatar
    Thanks

i'm watching this show on mtv and wanted to see what you guys thought...

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig.

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    Yes, and if you don't respect their opinion that the person you are dating may not be right for you then your an idiot. They are there to look out for your best interest and if they don't like him/her then there must be something you aren't seeing!

Not always true. If your parents don't like the person you're with, talk to them about it, find out why, see if their reasoning is sound, then make your own decsion, you are your own person. But thats what I think, and how I was raised, if I made a decsion, then it was my choice, I had to live with what ever happened from that point.
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch

Not always true. If your parents don't like the person you're with, talk to them about it, find out why, see if their reasoning is sound, then make your own decsion, you are your own person. But thats what I think, and how I was raised, if I made a decsion, then it was my choice, I had to live with what ever happened from that point.
    I disagree with them being wrong, I am not saying they can't be wrong it is just very unlikely that they are wrong. I can't believe there are many cases where they just don't like the person or do not have a sound reason.

I agree with talking to them about it and ultimately it is your choice. However they are going off of reason. You at that point are going off emotions and 9 out of 10 times people are unreceptive of information that goes against something that they have already have some emotional attachment about.

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Parents know what is important and best for their children. So, of course, they should have a "say." As for me, I show my utmost respect to my parent, and always consider their opinions, but they respect my ways as well because they know that their badass Monk baby uses his mind. Haha. Parents, mostly, know a lot more than their children because they had experience, but most do not understand until they experience things by themselves.

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

they should have a say but in the end the ultimate decision should be yours imagine when your 36 will you ask your parents then ? and really its up to you to learn from your mistakes so if you choose the wrong guy/girl then just say ok and find another. and its not always true that parents know best my parents didnt like me watching anime but i carried on anyway and they just had to get on with it
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    I disagree with them being wrong, I am not saying they can't be wrong it is just very unlikely that they are wrong. I can't believe there are many cases where they just don't like the person or do not have a sound reason.

I agree with talking to them about it and ultimately it is your choice. However they are going off of reason. You at that point are going off emotions and 9 out of 10 times people are unreceptive of information that goes against something that they have already have some emotional attachment about.
    Not true, parents can disapprove of someone your dating just because they dont like them. It can because of a different race, not in the right social standing, or display a personality they hate.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast