Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: David Blaine

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks

David Blaine

Well, many of you magic fans alike, my know of D. Blaine, or as I would like to call him, awesome. This man (or whatever he is) is completely outstrecthed the boundaries of magic, and illusion. His leavitation is real, not the fake footed kind, and his tricks are beyond me.
    You may have heard about his stunt called 'Above and Beyond', and it was where he was spended above a river in London for 44 days with one set of clothes, limited water, and a medium sized sack of food, I've only seen tapes and photos, but he pushes the limits with it, and all of the stunts he does. A wonderous human being... it makes me think maybe he's not. Insane stuff. If you've ever seen his magic, you know what I mean. He is truly in-touch with himself and his spritial being, which in this time and day, you don't find very often. In my opinion, he's incredibal with what he's gifted with. No man on Earth is like David Blaine, crazy, just crazy.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    is david blaine the same guy who froze himself for a long time?? or was he the magician who tells you all the secrets behind magic tricks?? or am i both wrong

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Thanks
    yea, he did the freezing thingy, that was cool... but he's not the one who tells you how to do tricks etc... I don't think he would do that O_o
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ah, yes. David Blaine. I watched both of his street magic stuff in AXN and saw both Vertigo(?) and Frozen in Time. I think that he's one heck of a psychic dude. His magic is really out of this world, not to mention weird. But sometimes I find myself thinking if the things he does are actually real psychic magic or something of the like. I mean, there is a possibility that he's using the old sleight of hand trick but when I watch his shows... Well, you know what I mean.

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    david balne is one hell of a performer thas for sure...but as for the guy who tells magicians secrets he can go wear a bum-cap :Thumbd: cos that just ruins it.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsbunnyx
    david balne is one hell of a performer thas for sure...but as for the guy who tells magicians secrets he can go wear a bum-cap :Thumbd: cos that just ruins it.
    The guy who told the secrets that was masked is dead I believe. Offed by a group of very pissed off english magicians. And I'm not joking.

As for Blaine, I'm sorry but I find his tricks to be absolute boring bullshit. Yeah, I said it. So he sits around in a big block of ice for a few days, WHOOPIE! Any hippie can sit around for a few days, what you fail to notice is that the inner area of the ice isn't really all that cold, not to mention that there's a few tricks he can set to make it look like he's still there since the ice is so thick and foggy so he can head down into an comparment beneath, watch tv, eat some snacks, warm up, if he even needs to, and catch some sleep.

Yeah, I'm ****in' impressed by that.

Oh yeah, and hanging over a river for 44 days, yeah wow, EXCITING, there's never 24/7 monitoring, he can get more supplies as much as he wants. One set of clothes? Okay, so? Not like he's going anywhere to get them dirty.

And please he's not really levitating. There's a trick to everything and I'm sure half the magicians know it by now, at LEAST half.

Thanks
    Wha ?! I just think you have one hell of an ego, and can't believe your eyes. Blaine's quite good at what he does, I'm sure you can't hang above a river for 44 days ! BAH !

Why so negitive ?
    much love to socketto

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I can appreciate him trying to do some gutsy things but i really dont care for him all that much. Not to mention his eating-strike bit.... to quote Chris Rock, "David Blaine?? The f*ck is with this guy? I'm gonna live in a box and not eat. I'm gonna live in a box and not eat?! That aint magic, that's called living in the projects." But maybe he just hasn't performed a spectacle that impressed me just yet. Time will tell i suppose, interesting chap tho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast