Thread: Daylight Savings time Extended?

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Daylight Savings time Extended?

Someone told me about this and thought it would make a good topic. This is an old story but what do you think about Congress passing a bill to make Daylight savings time 2 months longer. Instead of setting your clocks forward on the first week of apirl and back in the last week of October. you would set your clocks forward on the first week ofmarch and back on the last week of Novmeber. this bill passes then what happens to the rest that set their clocks back in october.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Daylight Savings time Extended?

Doesn't this come up like every year? Personally, I couldn't care less, though it might make the summer 'seem' a little loner. Actually, now that I think about it, I might really like it. I have trouble getting up in the morning when it's dark; extending DST might help, since the sun will usually be coming up at the same time I get up. LK, do you know why they are proposing this? I've always heard about it, but never really knew the reason.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

to save energy Bush thinks it will save energy to have daylight savings 2 months longer

if this bill passes its not just a US thing its a WORLD thing. Everyone would have to do it to keep up with America's timezons

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Too late!!! Bush has already signed that bill into law back in August. For the regions that don't change their clocks in sync with the rest of the nation, it's basicly 'Tough Luck! live with it!', as there are already limited regions in the US that do not recognize daylight savings time.

The BIG ISSUE with the change is that Daylight Savings hasn't been changed in over a decade. As a result, ALOT of COMPUTER APPLICATIONS are HARDCODED for the current Daylight Savings time change, and are INCOMPATIBLE with the upcoming new change.... (Aren't computers such fun!!!)

Related CNET article... 'Daylight-saving change could confuse gadgets'
    http://news.com.com/Daylight-saving+...3-5823792.html

As far as international effects, I don't see a problem. International time is based on ZULU time (Greenwich Mean Time) which is not effected by Daylight Savings
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Us poor kids waiting at the bus stop are gonna hit by cars, thanks a bunch Congress!

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol, the answer man cometh! I can sorta see the point about it saving energy, and I'm not gonna jump on the Bush-bashing bandwagon (plenty of others after me will do that), but it does seem like it'll cause some headaches with computers. And for those who don't have to change their clocks. But you know, if it does end up saving energy, then I'm all for it. My energy bill is bulls***, so I'm willing to try something to save money.

To the post above, my advice would be to not stand in the road. Best way to avoid those pesky cars.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Newbie Rhian may be famous one day Rhian may be famous one day Rhian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    ...you would set your clocks forward on the first week ofmarch and back on the last week of Novmeber....
    This way I would have to stand up for school all October and November in utter darkness... I already had problems with seeing the stars when I woke up for school for the last two weeks.... so how's it going to save energy if I use all the energy I saved during March in November?

Mymymy... people just do everything to make life even more complicated

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

if the bill passes in the states, I belive that the US would be the only country to adopt it, seeing how the rest of the world has used Daylight savings time for almost a century