Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ddr

Otaku Ensui may be famous one day Ensui may be famous one day Ensui's Avatar
    Thanks
    not when it's like the 15th release of the exact same game with just different music.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensui
    not when it's like the 15th release of the exact same game with just different music.

actually thats the whole point/fun of the game, is getting more music. The game is already all it needs to be. All ddr players ever want is just more songs with more steps to learn. Theres no reason to change the game, they can throw in extras if they want but the core gameplay is just what it needs to be. Its not the kind of game where you make drastic changes with new versions. I mean IIDX/beatmania has way more mixes out and all they ever changed was going frmo 5 keys to 7 and its stayed at 7 for over 10 mixes now. When it works it works

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Ensui may be famous one day Ensui may be famous one day Ensui's Avatar
    Thanks
    well, when there's really no innovation, just different music, are u sure u want to pay full price for the game? why not just release upgrade packs or something.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks
    DDR....i can beat a majority of standard songs using a controller for PS2. using the dancepad, i suck out loud. i can barely beat some of the simplest songs with it.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie Jin4576 may be famous one day Jin4576 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensui
    well, when there's really no innovation, just different music, are u sure u want to pay full price for the game? why not just release upgrade packs or something.
    thats why konami made DDR Ultramix for Xbox.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    ultramix is just so ganked though lol I discovered people who play it can't play at the arcade, I tried it and found out why. The scoring is SOOOOOOOOOOO forgiving. Its actually backwards. Whereas on ps2 and the arcade if you miss an arrow you drop a bit and it takes more to get it back up. Its backwards in that on the box you can miss a ton and it barely goes down, but when you get a couple perfects you jump back up to full gauge lol. Even worse the timing for a perfect is so freakin wide. I almost couldn't miss perfects and I wasn't trying. I even passed a 10 footer on a song I'd never played. that was a crock lol I couldn't believe it XD they need to tweak that things difficulty because we've had a flood of people at the arcade that just can't understand why they "rock" at home but can't even clear songs at the arcade. on the pro side though I do like some of the unique songs on those mixes
    Last edited by Cybergig1; May 27, 2005 at 07:29 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks
    While I've never been a DDR "fan" (I played, I sucked, I moved on...), I applaud their contribution to the gaming world. When virtual reality flopped (mid-nineties, remember GameBoy VR?), interactivity was looking grim. DDR is the ultimate in interactive gaming. And I agree with Gig: the genre is established; how the game is improved is through new dances/songs, not new controllers or hardware upgrades. Similar to the "Donkey Konga" style game for home, there will be new versions using roughly the same controllers as long as people enjoy it.

Personally, I like watching some pros on DDR add their freaky, spastic upper-body moves to the routine. Nothing like a DDR show at the arcade!

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks
    How do you expect Konami to release update packs for the PS2 versions? Online play isn't as highly supported on the PS2 as the Xbox version is.

Imagine this scenario...

What if back on the first PS2 game released out here, DDRMAX, that Konami decided to not make anymore DDR games and just release update packs every month or 2 for $5 for a pack of 5 songs (same rate as the ultramix songs). I'm pretty sure that by now, 3 years later, we would be pretty tired of playing the same ol' songs, looking at the same ol' interface, and also I'm sure that there would be more than $100 worth of songpacks released by now.

So it's a good thing that Konami has been releasing new DDR games. With new music, comes new step patterns. If we look back at DDR 1st mix, the step patterns on that game were pretty simple and are not comparable to the ones on Extreme (Look at Cartoon Heroes. It's both hard and original at the same time). There are only certain stepcharts that I could see working with only certain types of music. Plus releasing new versions with new songs and features gives us a reason to buy these newer games.
    Too cool for a sig.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast