Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A Dead Modem?

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A Dead Modem?

like len said like any other piece of hardware, your modem will break down from wear and tear unless you take emmaculate care of it. We have an old router where the ports died one by one. That's what you get with technology, and you move on. I think you're father's just trying to blame technology on you. Don't give in, or he'll start blaming you when the computer HD dies, or the mobo fries, or heck, even when a random fuse blows in your house. *shakes head*
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

The AT commands aren't guaranteed to work on non-COM-port devices (like USB).
    As for the failure, try to bring another computer. Also make sure that the phone number, username, password, DNS, proxy, gate, domain checkbox and protocol are set up correctly. Or try the modem in your friend's computer. Either way, I don't know the nature of your father, but if you say 'I didn't do it period', he should be wise enough to shut the **** up!

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Graagh! Update on me situation. Old man has now decided that the whole mess couldn't be just my fault, so he has extended the blame to my whole family. Minus himself, of course. I'm gonna be leavin' for college in a bit, so it won't be my problem soon. However, this does mean I won't be on AO very often.

Anyways, thanks all for your help. I'm glad that I can still call in a favor around here from time to time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3