Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with people

Newbie Setsunayaki may be famous one day Setsunayaki may be famous one day
    Thanks

Dealing with people

With more and more discovering the internet, being anonymous becomes an easy way to deceive others and deal with a lot more elements. Just curious if any of you have a way at which you deal with people online.

I'll post mine.

Before I post anything online, I make sure whatever I type doesn't give much od me away. Some may ask "What are you afraid of?" However I call it preference. There are certain things you can tell online about people, but that requires you to stay online for a while.

The way I deal with people isthat I read their posts and test them. Any time I post anything online, I make sure that post is verified to be true by myself and a few others. If it is I am satisfied wit myself as though I am anonymous, I don't like to deceive and I am honest with me feelings.

I learned a while ago to not care. If someone says something, I know I have already verified it before posting it with friends I have online and offline as well as myself. I tend to simply ignore replies that are empty and move on to more important things. I use the internet for many reasons and I don't always have time. Lucky for me I can type fast.

I remember once when I typed and posted something in an online forumboard, Checked with a few professors, including my father about it. Knew about what I was saying and because I didn't proof outside of logic to a man with 5000 posts, when I had 7 at the time, He managed to turn the entire forumboard against me to boost his ego to another level, but lucky for me, through that I was able to see who were weak minded, strong minded, genuine and folly as people.

I am the type of person who replies up to a maximun of three times on any given thread outside of introductions> I state my piece and go. I don't go online to speak with immature minds or become part of flamewars. I tend to go online to play games, check email and have fun.

-----------------------

Just curious. What is your preffered method of dealing with people online?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Setsunayaki
    I learned a while ago to not care. If someone says something, I know I have already verified it before posting it with friends I have online and offline as well as myself. I tend to simply ignore replies that are empty and move on to more important things. I use the internet for many reasons and I don't always have time. Lucky for me I can type fast.
    This is one part I do not get, what do you mean by empty posts?? But for me, I usually leave my computer online and then check back every 30-45 minutes or so.

I remember once when I typed and posted something in an online forumboard, Checked with a few professors, including my father about it. Knew about what I was saying and because I didn't proof outside of logic to a man with 5000 posts, when I had 7 at the time, He managed to turn the entire forumboard against me to boost his ego to another level, but lucky for me, through that I was able to see who were weak minded, strong minded, genuine and folly as people.
    I totally agree with the ego thing, because I have seen this a lot at this certain other forum. But for me, you just simply have to deal with it and know that you are right in your own heart. That's what I do. But I do want to advise you that on certain issue, even verification by professors and friends and family do not mean a whole lot. For something like history debates, I usually factor in the factor of how history is look upon in everyone's point of view.

As for the how many times I posts in any certain thread, I will continue to posts as long until I get my point across. It's kind of hard to say "I'm just gonna post 3 times, and that's it." It's hard to judge who's immature, except for those who are really obvious about it. I always keep my mind open to everything, because everyone's entitled to their opinion no matter how far-fetch their ideas might seem.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

a17
    Newbie a17 may be famous one day a17 may be famous one day a17's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have a way, for one I see all to often people who are shy, starts to be out going - then there is annoyed people playing smart ass/tough guy. Just allot people pretending to be what they are not, and so on. Me i'm not worlds not most talkative and I dont try to hide that, i'm honest in how i am on the net, and I like to keep people on the net to a distance.

Who's to say who is trustworthly? until you seen and talked with someone-in person-, then really is the only time to judge someone to see if their worthly of trust or not, or some limted friendship. Otherwise to me, its just text on a screen by somebody I dont care to know. Very few people hold my interest or trust^.

Thats just how I deal with people on the net.
    I am the type of person who replies up to a maximun of three times on any given thread outside of introductions> I state my piece and go. I don't go online to speak with immature minds or become part of flamewars. I tend to go online to play games, check email and have fun.
    There is a quote a friend of mine told me, it was 'Thanks to the internet I get to meet millions of idiots'-sarcasm. Ya, when it comes to posting on a serious subject - you have your opinion -- there is really no point posting over 3 times. It just looks like your trying sway people or be swayed/ or are unsure. People got their own views, you have your own, we live to our own tune -- not someone else's. Though with that said -- if someone asks me why i have my view/stuff about it, i maybe reply back.
    Last edited by a17; Dec 15, 2004 at 04:15 AM.

Newbie Vampire Girl17 may be famous one day Vampire Girl17 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It depends where i'm at If i'm on a site with lots of friends I'll post more than 6 times on one topic but if it's some random person i'll only post a reply twice

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Never give someone I've never met my real name, EXACT location, or my e-mail(except forums of course.)

Newbie Setsunayaki may be famous one day Setsunayaki may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    This is one part I do not get, what do you mean by empty posts?? But for me, I usually leave my computer online and then check back every 30-45 minutes or so.
    I know people who are fanatical about different thigns that I talk to from time to time. Before I post anything serious, I verify my information sice information can change on a daily basis in this world.

An Empty post is a post that is 100% opinion and nothing else when matched up against something academic.

Example....

If someone were to say "Im my opinion I think MAC OS X is the best OS in the world"

By best does one mean "Favorable" or "highest Performing"

Of course that above is an opinion and I see it in one of three ways.

1) If Best means "Personal preference" then yes. To him he feels it is the best.

2) If Best means "Favorable" to people, I can say "according to IDC, APPLE computers dropped out of the top 10 for 2 quarters in a row and had US market share at 3.5% and world market share at 1.73% so in this case that opinion gets defeated by fact.

3) If "Best" means "Highest performing" Take XP and optimize it since it doesn't come out of the box optimized but OS X and Linux do and run a benchmarking program when a system is cimpletely optimized. You will find a windows operating system completely optimized gets 2000 - 3000 points higher on a benchmark than unoptimized, which is enough to beat Apple computers that cost twice as much, which was something that MIT and other colleges proved to the world.

----------------------------

In this example you see that only 1/3rd meaning (that is only true on a personal level) and the other 2/3rds are false given by the wording of a post (And proven wrong by factual data)

Now should you believe such opinion that can go different ways when fact itself proves everything outside of personal level to be wrong. This is a way that an opinion can become a lie.

So basically an opinion, even one backed up, can be proven to be wrong.

Most of the tiem I see an Empty post, I tend to ignore it and check if that person has more empty posts. If that person has around 10 - 20 of them, I don't interract with that person, nor do I even care about that person.

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I just treat everyone with respect. If by chance I come in contact with someone that's ignorant and cannot accept being wrong, then I simply stop trying to prove my point since it's only a waste of time.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Newbie frozenwilderness may be famous one day frozenwilderness may be famous one day frozenwilderness's Avatar
    Thanks
    Whatever suits the situation.

Or whatever suits my situation.. it all depends on how crappy I'm feeling XD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast