Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is it death metal diabolic music?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ketaro
    so you mean that death metal is diabolic.
    Just the stuff I have heard. I can't comment on the ones I haven't.

Here's the key; forget the music, just read the lyrics. Figure out what it's saying. Then if there's nothing objectionable in it show it to your parents. Maybe they'll change their minds. If there is something objectionable in it then maybe you should consider that they could be right.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have to agree with Arrianna, though I like the angry tone and I can play it when I am very aggrevated, if you read some of the lyrics these bands are mumbling over the music, its freakin insane. I have only listened to Cannibal Corpse, but that was enough for me, just talking about baby fetus raping kinda threw me off of it. Its almost so bad its comical.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji's Avatar
    Thanks
    Death metal to me is more of a "stress-releaving" type of music. I can just scream my head off when I listen to Death metal.

Ones life is too short to move like a mortal
    Live by the sword
    Die by the sword
    Stay in the shadows

Newbie obliteration may be famous one day obliteration may be famous one day obliteration's Avatar
    Thanks
    Death metal isn't particularly diabolical, per se. The music itself is pretty brutal due to the usage of a pantonic / chromatic melodic structure and the primitive rhythmic assault that dominates the genre, but the the driving concepts, though often cold, cynical, post-apocalyptic, and somewhat inhumane aren't evil. If anything, most of the bands affiliated with the gore / grind subgenre that dominates the mainstream of death metal here in America are just having fun making a more violent-sounding form of shock rock, with the occasional satirical stab at theism and society's ills. As a matter of fact, there are even a good many bands that advocate a self-proclaimed good message by advocating a societal change for a better world. Hell, there's even Christian death metal, which has been promoted by the likes of Living Sacrifice, early Mortification, and early Extol.

[ Romans 1:6: And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2