Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Death penalty

Otaku Tithe may be famous one day Tithe may be famous one day Tithe's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death penalty

I think the death penalty goes to easy on them...woo they're dead that was fast and easy..make it long and painful and they might actually accept (really accept) that they did something very wrong.
    A deathless heart alive with greif
    Smiles when it hears of thee
    Whisper now my secret love
    Kiss my lips and rise above

Otaku MisMelS may be famous one day MisMelS may be famous one day MisMelS's Avatar
    In a world where I can't be hurt anymore....
    Thanks

Humm, these are really interesting responses. I don't think I expected that...COOL!!! I think I agree with Tithe - if you're going to execute, make it slow and painful so that they might realize that they did something wrong and now they are being punished.

THANK YOU SASURAIHELL!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Hrm....I wouldn't agree with making it slow and painful. It'd have it quick, easy, and costless. If you have them torture the person before killing them, you're not really doing anything, and at that point you might as well turn them over to a lynch mob. Cuz an angry group of people would do it for free. But if you're torturing them, then you're sending the wrong messages.

If you have the death penalty quick and easy, where if someone is found guilty of some horrendous horrendous murder, and they've been sentenced to die, and you just take him out to a field and get it over with. It would have more effect as a deterrant, because it would show that the government isn't going to mess around.

As I said before though, I don't think the death penalty should be handed out for everything, but if someone does commit a heinous crime and there is 100% evidence that they did it, then sure, they should be executed. But I think that laws should be tougher, and parole should be done away with. Who cares if you have good behaviour in prison, if you commit a crime and you're sentenced to 10 years, you DO 10 years, not 5, and get out on good behaviour.

ao's comrade swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3 may be famous one day swordfish3's Avatar
    Thanks

In some cases the death penalty is acceptable in murder/genocide/terrorism/saddam hussein and in some extreme cases man slaughter but the problem is that you would have to be 100% sure that the person was guilty otherwise well i think you can guess why thats wrong in england where i live the only thing still punishable by death is high treason but im not sure?
    92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Executions were abolished in our country and the criminals just got worse. I want it back.

Otaku Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know. Its hard for me to justify taking something from someone that I can't give back. On top of that, in the U.S., the racial discrimination is horrible. Plus, we have to remember all the people that were let out of death row after DNA testing became more available and more specific...

Banned Dr. Strangelove may be famous one day Dr. Strangelove may be famous one day Dr. Strangelove's Avatar
    Thanks

The problem is the waiting. There are some people with the death penalty that have been waiting for a YEAR. First off, that's wasting my tax money. If a jury, the evience, etc. has determined this person has done something SO HEINOUS that just their existance is a threat to people, they need to kill this guy quick, and move on to the next in line.

Plus, think about it, it's rather inhumane for the prisoner as well. Say the waiting is 3 months till execution. That person will be a nervous wreck, counting down those days

Whatever happened to hanging or guillotines? Heck, with a guillotine, we could clear out all executions from a prison before lunch!

Otaku Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu may be famous one day Gaius Nemu's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, but its not all about the evidence. I mean check out OJ. Its who can hire the flashier lawyer....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast