Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: define life...

Elie Jelly elie26 may be famous one day elie26 may be famous one day elie26's Avatar
    Thanks

define life...

i dun think any1 can really give an exact answer 4 tis but wat do u guyz think bout life?
    we hav to work, study to hav a livin n if we arent lucky we will end up with nothin...
    i mean wat's d point of life? to hav tons of money? to find happiness? i always wondered bout tis...so if u guys could give ur tots bout life...

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: define life...

To me, life is
    Work hard, study well, enjoy everything you get, live evrything as if though it is your last, smile and make others happy.

Life was given to us so we could enjoy it, it's unique.

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Life is a gift to us by the Almighty God.......it must be treasured, valued, and used to the fullest.

To me, life is a pathway full of challenges......each one more difficult than the previous. But life is also full of fun and surprises, no matter how hard the tough times might seem.
    Last edited by bassdudez; Mar 10, 2006 at 02:06 AM.
    Kastelic's creation

Newbie disneyfrench may be famous one day disneyfrench may be famous one day disneyfrench's Avatar
    Thanks

HEy! GuYs for me * life is a gold one's it should be put in a treasure box because we should be carefull to handle this kind of treasure f we lost this treasure it will never comeback to u*

Count your life by smiles, not tears.
    Count your age by friends, not years....

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

You really want to know? Okay then, it is time to invoke my third eye chakra! Are you ready? I will let the light fall from the heavens and bring enlightenment to all earth-dwelling beings. Hey Elie, I will show what's the exact answer is. So, hold your hands and behold my badass answer!!!

-My Response-

You got me started now, so you better read my whole lecture! According to the priniciples that I hold on to, there are four fundamental objectives for a human being in life. Firstly, one should lead a righteous life as set by the seven-fold divine law called dhrama. It acts on all that exists, at every level, and hold a nature that is beyond human comprehension. Utilizing the god-given mind or by heeding the principles engraved in sacred scriptures, a being must understand the difference between what is right and what is wrong. The truth must become a second nature. Then, that being must act according to those 'pure' principles. Through practice, that being must assimilate the virtues of divine nature, and employ them to bring order to his/her mind, spirit, and to the world. With these in place, harmony will come to life in all walks of life, at all places. However, violation of these divine laws by acting impiously or immorally will impede the growth of that individual to higher state and thereby hinder the attainment of salvation. So, one must act proper and show utmost sincerity to the divine law.

Secondly, speaking of humans, one must work to acquire wealth to support himself/herself and his family. Wealth is essential to maintain dhrama in the world, so don't associate wealth as of negative nature. Without it, disorder might arise! However, one shouldn't live a life just for the wealth, for that would bring greater disorder to the spirit of the being. Here, a balance is of necessity. Maintain a balance between the two extremes, for if you don't, utter choas will result. That balance can be attained by leading a simple life, but this doesn't mean that one should live a life of poverty. Simple doesn't mean poor. See the difference. In addition, a being must live to protect, serve, and establish the progress of their family. He/she must be there for their family during the times of suffering and happiness. They must share the pain and joy, mutually, at all times. Moreover, a being must work to sustain the order and progress of his/her society values. There is more to be said, but you get the idea of where I am heading to. One last thing, if one is of a different species, it should still live life to support its family.

Thirdly, one must walk through illusions that are encountered everyday. In this mundane world, we are constantly bombarded with invisible illusions. Realizing that something is an illusion is not very easy. Even the world's greatest philosophers, scholars, priests and even monks (except this badass warrior monk) have fallen into these earthly traps. There are not clearly invisible to the naked eye, so it is very easy to fall into the footsteps of this amorphic magic, which is called as Maya. How can we dodge that which we cannot see? You have answer me. Anyways, I am basically saying that one must see through deception! Clear enough, right?

Finally, my favorite objective of all, salvation. I can talk about this idea more than anything else, but I will wrap up it up in a few sentences. Salvation is better called as Moksha or Nirvana (same thing). Know those terms! To better understand what's the inherent meaning of these terms, please consider my badass analogy. Imagine you being underneath a space, which is occupied by infinite number of unbreakable threads (not the forum threads!). Threads can be thought of as illusions. On top of this space, there is salvation. Your main goal is to go through these threads without getting tangled and reach the space above, where the salvation is present. If you make one wrong move (same as commiting a wrong deed), the thread nearby will wrap around you tightly, and hinder you to ascend any further. To dientangled yourself, it will take time. The time required to detach from these threads maybe days, years, or even lives. Where am I trying to get? I just want you to know that attaining salvation is not simple. That is the truth. So, I say, not matter what one believes or thinks, the finest goal of the life is attain Moksha or Nirvana. The end!

P.S. This is the truncated version of 25 page paper on the meaning of life that I have written. If you wish you read the whole thing, PM me, and I shall e-mail you the entire version. Also, I hope that my speech has lead to some enlightenment!!! Oh yes, heed the words of the Monk, for they shall bring you all eternal glory.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Enlightment Kedar? I think you just answered the whole question ... O.O 25 pages

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Holy crap Kedar that was a huge answer also well put. I believe life is what you make and it is what you leave behind defines your life

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

*Clap, clap* Very intelectual Kedar. I didn't reply to this thread because I didn't really know the meaning of life, myself, but everything you have stated seems to be all very reasonable. I will think much better of life now thanks to you. Fashion-tastic reply Oh, also, if I had a list of what I thought the meaning of life is, I would also add being fashionable

~Kiss
    Last edited by The King of Fashion; Mar 10, 2006 at 10:58 PM.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast