Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Did you like the ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion?

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ectoruss
    I was going to post my mind for this tread, But Darlos have got ahead of me.

Damn you.....
    too bad man, may be next time.

Newbie buyung may be famous one day buyung may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i hate the ending

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    It kinda threw me for a loop, i've seen worse endings but Eva's finale wasn't near as satisfying as i would have liked it to be.

Newbie DMKA may be famous one day DMKA may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Are you serious? The ending is brilliant....it was the finest moment in the series, in my opinion.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I must admit.... while Evangelion was my favourite anime (which it ain't anymore) the first time I watched the ending my immediate reaction was, what in the hell just happened?
    Actually, I clearly remember that night 6 years ago, when me and my sister were watching the end of episode 26 for the very first time.... our mum sitting in the corner grumbling and shaking her head the whole time about us watching anime (she hates it, even now) We both simulitaniously said:

"What? Is that it!?"

The ending left me shocked... and kind of disatisfied.
    But as I started my many rewatchings of the series, went online, researched and talked to other Eva fans about it, I eventually understood. As I understood it, I started to enjoy the ending.
    But it wasn't until I first saw the movie... 4 years later that I really felt "satifised"
    Kind of strange I know, but no matter what people say about End of Eva, in my mind it just makes more sense, and most importantly it brings closure, which is something the series ending just didn't too. That's all I wanted... closure.
    Once I had that, I was finally weened off Evangelion and was on to bigger (and much better) things.
    I'll always have a soft spot for Eva, since it was my first anime series and solely responsible for lauching me into
    Anime Fangirl-ism, but now, I really don't think much of it.

My only fan-like link to this series today, is my fangirl obsession with Kaoru.
    Kind of funny through, my favourite character in Eva only lived for 20 minutes ^_^
    Last edited by Hikari Sakurai; Apr 29, 2005 at 05:50 AM.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I can't imagine watching Eva with the parents around. I made a point to watch it while they were gone. I can only imagine my Mom thinking End of Eva is a work of evil. Hell, I'm not entirely comfortable watching certain scenes in it.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    hehehehe I had no choice. ^^
    The first time I watched Eva was when it was shown on TV in Australia at the beginning of 1999.... we were taping it onto video (which remains to this day, the only copy I have on Eva anywhere)
    Back then I didn't have my own TV, nor did my sister... it's any wonder that my mum thinks of anime the way she does now, since the only anime she's actually seen was Evangelion.
    I thanks the stars through, that by the time I got to see End of Eva, 4 years later... I had my own TV and VCR. I think she would of tried to ban me from watching anime ever again if she saw that.

So yeah... that's the lesson I think. If you want your parents to not hate anime, make sure the first thing they see you watching is not Evangelion.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie Mobile Suit may be famous one day Mobile Suit may be famous one day Mobile Suit's Avatar
    Thanks
    I liked the ending from the series not End of Evangelion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2