Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Rocks!!

Newbie ANGEMINT may be famous one day ANGEMINT may be famous one day ANGEMINT's Avatar
    Thanks

Digimon Rocks!!

A handful of kids are given magical (well, make that digital) partners and told to save the world. Welcome to the Digimon Universe.

Digimon (short for "Digital Monsters") are data-based creatures of all colors, forms, shapes, and sizes who reside in a place known, creatively, as the Digital World. Occasionally the Digital World needs saving (evil conquerers are always popping up in places like that), and that's where our stories are set.

Digimon Adventure tells the story of several children who mysteriously end up in the Digital World while at summer camp. They meet their own personal digimon partners, receive "digivices," and learn about "digivolving" (the proces that allows a digimon to advance to a higher level, though said level may only be temporary.) They spend the season defeating bad guys, later learning that each chosen child (or, yes, "Digidestined") has a "crest"--the symbolic embodiment of a certain trait. (Love, Courage, and Friednship are examples.) The crests allow the digimon to digivolve to even higher levels than before, and come in useful as thhe kids meet up with sucessively stronger and stronger villains. By the end of the season, the world is saved, summer is almost over, and the children and their digimon have a tearful parting. The youngest members of the group, however, seem to know theat this is not thhe last time they will see eachother.

Digimon 02 is set several years later. A group of five children (the two youngest from the previous season and three new members) are called to fight a new menace in the Digital World. This time, their enemy is human...and the digimon cannot digivolve. The Digimon Emperor (as he styles himself) is a middle-school kid about the age of the current Digidestined children, and has found ways to control otherwise "good" digimon, prevent normal Digivolution, and just generally be evil. Two special forms of Digivolution are presented this season: "Armor" forms are activated by "Digieggs" bearing the crests of children from the previous season. DNA-digivolving allows two digimon to join together into one creature. The Emperor eventually joins the "good" team, and all the children together face the ongoing threats of Digimon invading the real world. The season ends with the return of the last season's most formidable foe, and an epilogue to the lives of the children from the first two seasons.

Digimon Tamers is set in a different world than the first two seasons--one that is supposed to be our "real" world. The Digimon card game is very popular, and a few lucky children--for some strange reason--receive real digimon. The threats in this season range from a playful imp, to 12 mythical digimon known as Devas, to a human intelligence group set to exterminate Digimon altogether, to a soulless young girl with a demon-possessed sock puppet. The children are able to use the cards from the game to equip their Digimon with various abilities, and later they are able to join with their Digimon into one form.

Digimon Frontier, like Digimon Tamers, is a completely new continuity. In it, four new Digidestined are able to become digimon themselves.
    click here & register to this forum please
    > http://judelyn-ann.livejournal.com/
    Is it ok if I count you as my friend??

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Digimon Rocks!!

Haha...Devas? It is a term from Sanscrit, which means gods. Sometimes, they use term, which convey a totally different meaning from the original. Anyways, I like Digimon, as when I was a kid. Really neat show!!!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

I use to be really into digimon but i just didn't like it after the first season. i mean ty was the man plus i liked mimi hehe
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424's Avatar
    Thanks

well i did like the moive i dont know how many movies were ever made but i seen one and it was quite good i really liked it came out a few years ago and was a big hit here in canada at least.
    Full Metal Alchemist - Anime news information and lots of fun.
    Anime Gallery - Check out the image gallery for some cool anime pictures.
    Anime Forums - Join my anime forums and help us grow while talking about what you love best anime!

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

When Digimon first came out a couple years back I used to hate it with a passion. But then it came on at night (for some strange reason?) so I had nothing better to watch, and I started watching it every night. That's the same way I got interested in DBZ. It came on at night, had nothing better to watch, and then got sucked in.

I only watched the show for a few months, but it wasn't bad. Of course, then I saw previews where they kept coming out with different versions of Digimon or something. Never watched those though.

Newbie Lil_Ree may be famous one day Lil_Ree may be famous one day
    Thanks

I never watched the eairler series,only started to watch Digimon Tamers and frontier..I like frontier a lot

Otaku samurai sho may be famous one day samurai sho may be famous one day samurai sho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Ree
    I never watched the eairler series,only started to watch Digimon Tamers and frontier..I like frontier a lot
    Never heard of those so are they good?

Otaku Fluffy-Chan may be famous one day Fluffy-Chan may be famous one day Fluffy-Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Awwwww i miss Digimon *sniff sniff* I used to love Ken Ichijouji

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast