Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Discuss the unlisenced anime/manga you've seen!"

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

"Discuss the unlisenced anime/manga you've seen!"

Okay, this is probably the thirds time I've tried to get a topic like this out here, but the threads keep getting locked up.

Believe it or not, topics like these actually help me to determine the anime and manga I download and buy. I don't intend for people to make top five favorite anime/manga lists, I intend for people to give me some information on the plot and characters of their favorite anime and manga. Yeah, I said favorite. Peoples favorite anime and manga is usually the best, highest rated anime and manga. Garabage anime and manga doesn't tend to best of the best quality. So, if you see the words 'my favorite' don't pee yourself, and try to replace them with 'the best', and for Christ's sake don't freeze this thread.

That said, you must know what this thread is about. I want you, the readers, to give me some info on your favorite (mods, don't forget so quickly) unlisenced anime and manga. That is, anime and manga the can be found on bittorrent. I need to know some things about plots, settings and characters so that surely many people aside from myself can become aware of your favorite () mangas and anime. I'm new to this bittorrent thing, and though I've attained maximum download speed, there are still many series out there that I've not heard of.

SO far, I've seen the first bits of KashiMashi, Suzuka, and Air (keep your pants on, mods--I'm detailing them, too!)

KashiMashi I'm enjoying. (SPOILERS)
     click to show spoiler

Next is Air. Now, I'm just going to have you watch this anime, because I have no idea what's going on. I'm sure I'll have to rewatch the series to understand it fully, or even at all. But, in spite of my complete lack of understanding, I try to enjoy every episode I watch. There are just thirteen in al, by the way. If anyone wants to give a plot summary for me, feel free! (:

Lastly is Suzuka. (SPOILERS) Suzuka takes us through the life of mainly Yamato. Yamato is a first year highschooler living is Tokyo I believe, with his aunt in her enormous mansion/hotel type of thing. Going through really quickly, he developes a major crush on Asahina Suzuka, the first year highjump star. I say it should be obvious to anyone in that school that Yamato really likes Asahina, and equally as obvious that she likes him, but is trying to cover it up. But, apparently, it's only abvious that Yamato likes Asahina, and everyone is oblivious of Asahina's feelings for Yamato. Anyway, the rest is obvious. The entire sereis is basically a perpetual awkward moment. Anyway, yeah, if you'd like to discuss Suzuka (the show, not just the character) be my guest.

Suzuka is definitely my favorite. And, is it just me, or does the quality of the animation begin to lack during the middle of the series and toward the end?
    Last edited by Zackraa; Mar 07, 2006 at 11:43 PM. Reason: edited the title, if no discussion come of this thread I'll close it

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bastards, Fine. How about, "Discuss the unlisenced anime/manga you've seen!"

whats bittorrent mean?
    this sounds like a favorite thread
    Last edited by Lighting Count; Mar 07, 2006 at 03:39 PM.

Code Name Wind

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bastards, Fine. How about, "Discuss the unlisenced anime/manga you've seen!"

BitTorrent is a "Free, open source file-sharing application effective for distributing very large software and media files." as quated by the official site.

I don't know exactly what is is, but I know if you have a BitTorrent client like Azureus or UTorrent, you can download all sorts of files from it.

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

so it has something to do with down loading anime?

Code Name Wind

Thanks

Yes. You can download anime with it. Only unlicensed stuff, though, and that's where this board comes in! (:

Thanks

i never download anime take way to long and this is not my computer so i don't wanna take chances of messing it up.I wacth anime on youtube and i never have to downlaod it but some times it does freeze up some times but theres lots of good anime there.And whats unlicensed anime?

Code Name Wind

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I do not advise you to tell us what to do Animanga hound.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright.. let's see.

One incredible anime/manga I've been keeping an eye on lately is Mushishi. I haven't been able to find too much manga on the net.(less than 2 1/2 volumes scanlated) The show is amazing. It's about a Mushishi named Ginko, he studies Mushi, a form of life lower than that of humans, animals, and plants, but closer to the origin of life. Mushi's have strange affects on animals and have been known to cause problems for people(i.e. loosing memory, hearing, sight, and even causing dreams to become real) without them even knowing. Ginko travels around and helps people with these problems, even if it means killing the mushi causing them.

I love it, I think it's totally imaginative and one of a kind, though you have to pay attention to the stories, it's not for someone who wants a funny or action-packed anime. It's set with dark color tones and slow, melancholy music.
    Last edited by Sazuka; Mar 07, 2006 at 04:37 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast