Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: "Discuss the unlisenced anime/manga you've seen!"

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bastards, Fine. How about, "Discuss the unlisenced anime/manga you've seen!"

I edited the title and like hassun said do not tell the mods what to do
    if this thread becomes a thread of one word replies and lists of animes then it will be closed

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bastards, Fine. How about, "Discuss the unlisenced anime/manga you've seen!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zackraa
    if this thread becomes a thread of one word replies and lists of animes then it will be closed

Fine, you do that if the thread becomes a list thread. But, don't immediately assume a thread will become such without seeing it's course, as you've already done before...multiple times

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka
    Alright.. let's see.

One incredible anime/manga I've been keeping an eye on lately is Mushishi. I haven't been able to find too much manga on the net.(less than 2 1/2 volumes scanlated) The show is amazing. It's about a Mushishi named Ginko, he studies Mushi, a form of life lower than that of humans, animals, and plants, but closer to the origin of life. Mushi's have strange affects on animals and have been known to cause problems for people(i.e. loosing memory, hearing, sight, and even causing dreams to become real) without them even knowing. Ginko travels around and helps people with these problems, even if it means killing the mushi causing them.

I love it, I think it's totally imaginative and one of a kind, though you have to pay attention to the stories, it's not for someone who wants a funny or action-packed anime. It's set with dark color tones and slow, melancholy music.
    That sounds mighty interesting, I think I'll check it out...
    Any gore in it?

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    That sounds mighty interesting, I think I'll check it out...
    Any gore in it?
    Lol. I knew that was coming.

Not too much gore but it can be really messed up at time. I don't want to spoil anything but it's definately worth a look.

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "Discuss the unlisenced anime/manga you've seen!"

Sazuka, I downloaded the first episode. Just don't tell me that the kid and the young version of his grandmother get real friendly, if you know what I mean. *gag*

Anyway, the first episode is intersting enough, and I'm downloading another as we speak--type.

ALso, another anime that I'm trying out is Mai-Otome. I've only seen the first few episodes, and nothing interesting has happened really, but I'm drawn to the next episode just by the amazing animation and character design of Arika. Oh, also by the seemingly blatant lesbianism. That, too, is also interesting. But mostly just because of Arika--I have enough lesbian-tastic anime in the file on my desktop titled 'KasiMasi'.

OH! And there magic. Magic-esque powers, anyway. That's always good! (:

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

you might want to try mai hime (licensed), otome uses the same characters and seiyuu as Hime but the setting and storyline is set from another universe so to speak.

As for kasimasi its hard to think its a yuri series since he was a guy, and thinking about it is just weird. I would say that she will probably end up turning back into a guy even though the alien said it is irreversible.

ok new series...REC. Basically about a female amateur seiyuu, trying to become big. 15min/ep. Some part are interesting since it takes you behind the scenes of voice acting, like a animated commercial in the series.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

SO far, I've seen the first bits of KashiMashi, Suzuka, and Air (keep your pants on, mods--I'm detailing them, too!)
    Fine, you do that if the thread becomes a list thread. But, don't immediately assume a thread will become such without seeing it's course, as you've already done before...multiple times
    One question why are u so arrogant sunny boy.
    Just another 15 year old airhead think he can dictate to the mods in AO ......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeRoGravity
    you might want to try mai hime (licensed), otome uses the same characters and seiyuu as Hime but the setting and storyline is set from another universe so to speak.

As for kasimasi its hard to think its a yuri series since he was a guy, and thinking about it is just weird. I would say that she will probably end up turning back into a guy even though the alien said it is irreversible.

ok new series...REC. Basically about a female amateur seiyuu, trying to become big. 15min/ep. Some part are interesting since it takes you behind the scenes of voice acting, like a animated commercial in the series.
    I've been looking at REC for a while, actually. I mean, how can I not be? It's on the same fansub site as KashiMashi and Mai Otome. Doremi Fansubs are really awesome.

Also, I finished watching Magical Chocolate, fansubbed by Hikari no Kiseki. I didn't like the animation at all, but it's a nine minute long OVA, so I thought I'd stick with it for the final five minutes. Like I said, it's short, so I won't spoil it much. All I'll say is that there isn't actually any magical chocolate, despite the title.

I also watched Boku wa Imoto ni Koi wo Suru, which apparently means 'I'm In Love With My Little Sister', but for the sake of my tired fingers, let's just call it the Incest OVA. It's about 50 minutes long, and take's us along with Yori and Iku (brother and sister). Basically, we stay mostly with Yori, and the story is about how he confesses to his little sister his love for her (obviously not brotherly love). The animation is a bit iffy at times, but I stuck through it. It was nothing too super spectacular, but I'd watch it again. I also find it funny how Yori tells his friend at the end that he'd had sex with Iku for the first time the night before, and the friend isn't shocked in the least bit.

And, on a not-so-final note I want to say that I believe I prefer yuri to incest.

And finally, on a final note, you can find all the shows that I first post about on AnimeSuki.com to download, as long as you have a bittorrent client.

Edit: Also, I know the picture of the AniManga hound in my Sig isn't actually a hound, rather a small fox, but, whatever.

Okay, Edit: Air TV = terrible. Sure, the animation is pretty and the voice acting is decent (not that it matters, I'm only reading the subs) but everything else is terrible. The plot, if you can even lawfully call it that, starts at about four different points. Which would be fine, however, those points never meet to form a grand plot. In fact, those point don't come even remotely near each other. It seems that this anime was created for the soul purpose of justifying the words 'wings' and 'dreams' and 'sky'. And one more thing; the animation was beautiful, but completely wasted on the hair-blowing-in-the-wind effect. Maybe the time spent animating Misuzu's hair could have be spent creating a story line that can be understood without being drugged out of your f@#%&ing mind. Aqua Teen Hunger Force is actually easier to understand, at times, than this series.
    Last edited by Sinistra; Mar 11, 2006 at 05:15 AM. Reason: use the edit button next time please

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast