Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disgaea sequel

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    I stumbled on this webpage which looks to be the sequel of Disgaea, does anyone know more about it?
    Yes I'm looking at you in particular RO.

http://disgaea.jp/2/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy
    I LOVE THAT GAME! but actualy is beacouse of etna.^^
    How can you love a game that hasn't been released yet?

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Disgaea sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    How can you love a game that hasn't been released yet?
    Wicked burn, H! I've heard alot about the game from friends but i don't have much information on it right now, there's only so much my fabulous 56.k connection can accomplish. I'll see what i can dig up though

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    I stumbled on this webpage which looks to be the sequel of Disgaea, does anyone know more about it?
    Yes I'm looking at you in particular RO.
    Good choice to look at me, because I'm the biggest damn Nippon Ichi fanboy this side of the forums, I got some stuff.

Here's everything I got on Disgaea 2.

News Article: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09...s_6134627.html
    Release: December 2005 (Japan) TBA (USA, Europe)

Basics: The main character in Disgaea 2 is Adel, a red-haired, hot-tempered 17-year-old. All the people in Adel's world were turned to devils 15 years ago, when the dark lord Xenon appeared and cursed the populace. For unexplained reasons, Adel is the only person unaffected by the curse, and he sets out to fight Xenon and turn his family back into humans. Despite the demonic setting, Disgaea 2 stays true to the series' comedic tradition, often employing dark humor.

Gameplay systems from the original Disgaea are once again featured, such as combination attacks and the unified attack system using nearby party members. It will also bring back the original Disgaea's congress and court systems. Shinwaka told Dengeki PlayStation that his staff is also adding new elements to keep the game fresh.

Confirmed Disgaea characters returning in support roles are Etna and The Prinny Squad.

Recent Magazine article with Disgaea 2 scans and shots:

Seems theres a cap of 4 images per reply, so you'll have to check these last two for yourself.
    http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?im...20397ue8gn.jpg <--- This one's awesome, shows the nice visual upgrades in the sprites at the bottom.
    http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?i...63720ss4df.jpg

As you can see (if you squint) the ridiculous weapon size that's been in the last two NIS games is gone, and things look visually correct, the sprites look better and just as big, if not bigger, than they were in the original Disgaea. It's good to see a game that's not so sloppily made like Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom was.
    Now everybody cross your fingers and wish for Plenair to be playable!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

That's what I was waiting for, thanks RO.
    Those graphics look squeaky-clean.

Let me know if you find something too narrator, in particular gory fanart/doujin images.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

I forgot to make note of it, but several overlords from Makai Kingdom make appearances as well, either as a type of summon or for higher level spells (I've seen Alex and Dark Lord Valvolga to name a few in screen shots)

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome. This sequel looks like its going to be fun. I still havent played the first one but I will soon cause Im going to buy it in a few weeks.

Thanks

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0510/game051002a.shtml

Here's a page with some slightly better looking screenshots (most, if not all, from the scans I posted above)

Newbie ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva.. may be famous one day ~diva..'s Avatar
    Thanks
    thank you, Raven Omega ~ these scans are quite useful; i'm a fan of the original, & it's good to know that a successor is in development...now it's just a waiting game before i can play it......curious, the demon with the blonde hair ~ i'm liking her style; what role will she play, i wonder..

one's amusement is another's terror.. ~diva..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast