Thread: Disgea: Hour of DArkness

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

Disgea: Hour of DArkness

Anyone play that game? I see it at gamestop and ebgames alll the time and from looking at the back of the box it looks like fun. Im just wanted to hear some thought about the game from people who actually played it.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    its pretty cool, I enjoyed it, I put it down after a while because after about level 80 to 100, its mainly just leveling up, but I enjoyed the story alot though. word of caution: make sure you switch to japanese dialogue, the dub sucks ass

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru's Avatar
    Thanks
    I played it too and it's real fun but after a while it gets boring cause all you do is the same thing over and over again... the story is good, nothing wrong with that, but the more you progress with the story the stronger your enemies (duh) and to defeat them you have to do a lot of leveling up and that's what makes it a bit boring. If you want to take a break from the story, there are other 'worlds' to keep you busy, like leveling up your weapons or armor or you can even take on the demons in court etc.... The things I liked were the characters and the humor... Especially Laharl, he is such a cute demonboy who acts though but really is nice and sweet...

And yes, do switch over to Japanese, cause the dub sounds really awful... and will ruin any fun playing this game... So, my opinion is, if you don't mind doing the same thing over and over again, this is your game. It's a game you can play endlessly...

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragn0r0x
    Anyone play that game? I see it at gamestop and ebgames alll the time and from looking at the back of the box it looks like fun. Im just wanted to hear some thought about the game from people who actually played it.
    Definitely a good game. It's true, sadly, that the enlgish dub sucks ass and that you should play this with a japanese dub. The combat is innovative and interesting, and the range of weaponry is good. The story is also pretty cool, and has a lot of weird twists and turns.

If you want other good games by the same people, Nippon Ichi, then you should try Phantom Brave and La Pucelle: Tactics. They are also working on another Disgaea-esque SRPG called Phantom Kingdom.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks
    I saw Phantom Brave and that looks like a cool game too.

Otaku Karn may be famous one day Karn may be famous one day Karn's Avatar
    Thanks
    Disgaea is a pretty cool game. I haven't played it in awhile, but it is fun - but time consuming (the main reason I haven't played it lately). I enjoy the humor and the characters - like Captain Gordon and Thursday.

I haven't played Phantom Brave, but I enjoyed La Pucelle - fun stuff.

Newbie o74ku91n0y may be famous one day o74ku91n0y may be famous one day
    Thanks
    well.............if you want a REALLY good game.........and you're willing to blow alot of time playing it..........then it's the game for you