Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disiplinary Actions

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks

Disiplinary Actions

What do u guyz think? Do you think that our society in order to get better and more straighter, would u think that disciplinary actions are needed? i myself live in a family where you are disciplined for things bad things that you do? (like the stick or getting the living hell beaten out of you)

I found out that after getting the living lights beaten out of me, i actually remember and made alot more better choices in life, i also lie alot less than when i was a kid, im pretty much staying out of the "big" trouble, and nowadays i dont get the stick nemore cuz my parents trust in what i do.

The main point of what im getting at is, do you think that discipline is needed for the young kids? I myself agree, but there is a limit to how hard you should beat ur kids, you dont wanna scar them for life =P...

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Raugh!! -nice thread.

I hated getting disiplined physically when I was younger. It improved some points in me, but messed up others. If you want your kids to grow up "normally" as society dictated, then physical disipline should be taken.
    Kids without such physical disiplin seem to ignore consequences of their actions and also are less tolerent of others. They can act however they darn well please, but it IS KINDOF rude to act that way. There are, of course, always exeptions to this. Many infact.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    getting the living hell beaten out of you

that always worked for me....I was beat only for certain things though. But to stop the child from hating you...Have a talk with him/her. I actually remember the talk my mother had with me after a beating. You have to tell the child why you are doing it.

And yes. It does help society. Sending them time out does not do a damn thing.
    Last edited by Kasai; Feb 02, 2005 at 03:25 AM.
    Seduced by Flesh

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmm i've gotten wipped before >_<
    never agian did i smack a hot stove... Dbl edged' sword.
    freaked my mom out, so that's how she broke me from doing that.

I think that some discipline is necessary... but "getting the living hell beaten out of you"
    is a little to much.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie cowboy rin may be famous one day cowboy rin may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I was never spanked, hardly ever yelled at, called my parents by their first names (my sisters and relatives and all called them by first name, not out of disrespect), was never given a curfew, never limited to where i can and can't go. I had no rules in the house, if people were over it was a make yourself at home attitude. I didn't even have to ever out right lie to my parents either, if I decided to go for a 10h bike ride, i did. No questions asked as long as they knew a way of getting a hold of me. Hell I can decide to have a party on a few days notice with them home and theres no complaints, no waiting for parents to go on a party and trash the house.

If you put rules and restrictions on people they're going to break them and lie to you, it's a given. Its just plain stupid to do otherwise, especially with teenagers.

Just proper up bringing and good relationship between us kept everything in line. Out of common sense and respect I wouldn't cause trouble in my house. So no, beating your kids won't cause any discipline. It'll just cause spite or fear between you and the kid. Now if were talking about tiny little tots who thinks it's cool to pull your hair or punch you in the arm you just do it back to them twice as hard and they pretty much learn the first time.

Point being, theres a level of physical discipline but there's no out right 'beating' involved. And if your not a messed up in the head kid, then a proper upbringing and being around the right people will rub off on you with no intervention from anyone else.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    I was spanked as a kid by my grandmother, who moved in with my madre, to basically take care of me. Living with just my mom and grandma, my mom never disicplined me, my grandma would @_@ OH man..... she would take a spatula, hairbrush, wooden spoon, anything she could find ~ OUCH ! ! ! ! ! I think I was spanked until about 8....

Ever since then, I've never had a curfew, rules, never yelled at, just like cowboy rin has said ~ I basically have gotten away with anything really.

Ugh... I'm tired ~!
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Let's see here........when i was a rugrat i was wipped with belts,telephone cords,branches, and the ones i hated the most.... HOT-WHEEL TRACKS

and i t definately does teach you discipline.......but then theres always the case of parents taking things too far which just shouldnt be done

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Let's see here........when i was a rugrat i was wipped with belts,telephone cords,branches
    Whew...Boy do I remember those days! You forgot slippers and hangers!

As to what Rin said earlier. You said you had common sense? Well, that's what worked for you. I dont know anything about white children. Or any other race. I just know about black children. And let me tell you....They have no common sense. Atleast not in these years. But then again...I had an old school mother raising me. She wasnt 15 or 20 when she had me. My mother was 29....-cough-

The point I'm trying to make is...For a black family? Everything, Rin was allowed to do...The black teens of America do today. And they shouldnt. They should know that they are a child. And should stay in a childs place. And the best way to do that is tell them. Not let them do 'grown' things.

As for when a child hits their parent(s)? They will get beat down. And that's just speaking of course. I remember a few of my 'spankings'. Okay, I remember a lot of my spankings. Lol. But.....I believe that by putting pain with the problem....the child learns not to do that 'bad' thing again. And of course that means no going out and beating your child half to death. But a reasonable beating would suffice.
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast