Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disiplinary Actions

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Discipline is what sets us straight, so basically, yes, it is needed... There can never be a proper function in any aspect whatsoever w/o it... We learn things from the pain and suffering we take in... That's just how people are... Spanking is a form of implanting, implementing and teaching a child what to do and what not... The pain we experience from punishment leaves a mark in our minds and makes us therefore associate it with our actions...
    Last edited by zeine; Feb 02, 2005 at 07:41 AM.

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    you know i really dont think anybody needs to be beaten with a "stick" becuase i mean ya i got like iono spankings or something but i had friends who would come to school and i friends who STILL come to school with bruises and cuts and i just really dont think its right so thats why when my friends dad "beat the living shit out of him" i did the exact same to their dad i mean seriosly its one thing to beat your kid but to beat your kid in front of his BEST FRIEND who is almost twice the muscle he is is another and ya i got in trouble i still have a juvenile officer for about a month but it was worth it becuase my friend hasnt been beaten since

Newbie cowboy rin may be famous one day cowboy rin may be famous one day
    Thanks
    well I know the reason why my parents brought us up the way they did. When they were young their parents were extremely old fashoined, except for my mom's mom. So this included beatings and the worst rules you can believe. And this is growing up in Guyana (3rd world country, by Venesuela and Brazil) so they were really backward. Because of that, my dad never talked to his parents once he moved out and my mom never kept very close with her father. The children didn't even goto his funeral. why? Because they thought of him as a terrible father and they don't want to be like him with their own children

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think it depends on each individual family, my parents only spanked me once and never hit me, they just *took* things away, eventually i stopped being bad because they would take away the things I like the most. I grew up ok, in fact I learned the value of a persons property, basically, if I wasn't paying for it or if it wasn't a gift, its not mine I am just using it.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie aznpwincess may be famous one day aznpwincess may be famous one day
    Thanks
    my mum used to slap me, pull my ear and all that, but she's stopped now. She uses words now, which I say can be more effective, but I am grateful for the discipline, cause it helps me to realise what is wrong or right (and what is more responsible), and the right values. They did it at school in the Philippines too sometimes, when you had dirty and long and bitten fingernails. Put your hand out every morning and they'd use the stick on you. I had it once, the teacher was fond of that stick .

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy rin
    I was never spanked, hardly ever yelled at, called my parents by their first names (my sisters and relatives and all called them by first name, not out of disrespect), was never given a curfew, never limited to where i can and can't go. I had no rules in the house, if people were over it was a make yourself at home attitude. I didn't even have to ever out right lie to my parents either, if I decided to go for a 10h bike ride, i did. No questions asked as long as they knew a way of getting a hold of me. Hell I can decide to have a party on a few days notice with them home and theres no complaints, no waiting for parents to go on a party and trash the house.

If you put rules and restrictions on people they're going to break them and lie to you, it's a given. Its just plain stupid to do otherwise, especially with teenagers.

Just proper up bringing and good relationship between us kept everything in line. Out of common sense and respect I wouldn't cause trouble in my house. So no, beating your kids won't cause any discipline. It'll just cause spite or fear between you and the kid. Now if were talking about tiny little tots who thinks it's cool to pull your hair or punch you in the arm you just do it back to them twice as hard and they pretty much learn the first time.

Point being, theres a level of physical discipline but there's no out right 'beating' involved. And if your not a messed up in the head kid, then a proper upbringing and being around the right people will rub off on you with no intervention from anyone else.
    I didnt mean a serious ass whooping, lol, sorry if i didnt make that clear, but neway, ive never seen or met ne family thats like yours at all, its hard to find a family who are like this, though if you where in a family where your kid who learns mostly from their parents, if you let things off too easily and put ur money all on the trust that you have between you and your family members, there is a chance that they could abuse that sort of right to have no curfew, to do whatever they please as long as they have contact with you, but you can never predict the situation that your kids might me in, i mean, your kid has some way to "contact you" but do you really think that they will be honest with you all the time? Its hard to tell if you can trust them to be doing what they are supposed to do, im not saying that your way of being brought up is wrong, im just saying that this kind of situation could happen to other families.

Newbie cowboy rin may be famous one day cowboy rin may be famous one day
    Thanks
    however you grow up is usually what your going to consider 'normal'. If you don't have trust, then what do you have?
    My best friends parents were strict even in high school. He wasn't allowed sleeping at friends houses even. So if he ever wanted to goto a party he always had to say he was going to a late movie. To do ANYTHING at all it always had to be covered with a lie. Isn't that pretty ridiculous. Especially when your older, your going to do whatever you want because you find your parents rules stupid. Hence all these teenager problems you end up with.

Trust is a pretty damn hard thing to have too. With anyone. You mess up once and it could be gone forever

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy rin
    however you grow up is usually what your going to consider 'normal'. If you don't have trust, then what do you have?
    My best friends parents were strict even in high school. He wasn't allowed sleeping at friends houses even. So if he ever wanted to goto a party he always had to say he was going to a late movie. To do ANYTHING at all it always had to be covered with a lie. Isn't that pretty ridiculous. Especially when your older, your going to do whatever you want because you find your parents rules stupid. Hence all these teenager problems you end up with.

Trust is a pretty damn hard thing to have too. With anyone. You mess up once and it could be gone forever

That is true. But for very odd reason....Some black parents believe that those things you're talking bout are adult things. My mother said I was never allowed to go to a party. And whenever our family had a party, the children would always be in another room.
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast