Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Disney harming?

Otaku emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan may be famous one day emmy_chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is Disney harming?

Disney is great for kids, it helps their imagination grow and it is entertaining. Yes, it has violence and romance in it but so does everything else, so no disney is not harmful to children. Anime is not bad either because like i said everything nowadays contains violence and romance.
    Don't let me be.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Well then you shouldnt let them watch the news, most stuff on regular tv or cable.
    I agree.
    Depending on the age.

Bet you didn't expect that. Or maybe you did. lol

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see anything wrong with Disney. If there is anything harmful, only adults or teenagers would catch it, if they are paying enough attention to catch it at all. If children have no prior knowledge to that 'subject matter', they won't notice anything potentially 'harmful.'

Um, yeah, the rating thing. If it's PG-13, there's a reason, especially if it is Disney. Perfect example, Pirates of the Caribbean. 'Eunuch' is mentioned more than once and if anyone knows what that is, it's obviously not appropriate for children. EVEN SO, what child is going to know what a eunuch is anyway?

Okay, I'm done .^_^.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Disney, huh? Is it bad for kids? I have no idea. I was raised on Disney... and look at me! I punch children for fun!

I don't like Disney all that much.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble grumble ... Oops!
    Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Actually Len, Chronicles of Narnia was created and written by C.S. Lewis. H.P. Lovecraft had nothing to do with that whatsoever. I'm not gloating but i follow the dudes work with a passion....
    Mea Culpa time... I stand corrected.... Still Chronicles of Narnia is a powerful work of literature that can stand as a equal against 'The Lord of the Rings'...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer
    All the urban legends you've probably heard about Disney movies, and more, can be found at snopes.com, specifically at (http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/films.asp). Among the more interesting ones:

Aladdin tells teenagers to take off their clothes. (false)
    Rafiki chants a naughty phrase in a talking Lion King book. (false)
    Donald Duck shouts a racial epithet at Daffy Duck in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (false)
    A phallus was drawn on the video cover of The Little Mermaid by a disgruntled artist. (false)
    A minister becomes aroused during the wedding scene in The Little Mermaid. (false)
    Mischievous animators drew Jessica Rabbit naked in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (debatable)
    Letters spelling the word S-E-X are formed by a cloud of dust in The Lion King. (debatable)

Ironically, here's the ones you probably haven't heard about:

Photographic images of a topless woman can be spotted in The Rescuers. (true)
    Disney produced an animated film called The Story of Menstruation. (true)
    Lemmings were induced into jumping off a cliff for the Disney nature film White Wilderness. (true)

(Thanks to mblase from http://www.everything2.com for this)

I know which website you are talking about, the link you posted isn't working though.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/films.asp

I think the penis on the cover one can really be debated too. Not that it was drawn by a disgruntled artist, but it really does look like a dick.

Otaku Weebl may be famous one day Weebl may be famous one day Weebl's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Yeah, but the kids wont get those subliminal messages though, good thing.
    Actually alot of people noticed the priest.. My sisters friends mom didn't let her watch the little mermaid because of that.
    Now announceing........*drum roll*
    Mr.Aiora..

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Weebl
    Actually alot of people noticed the priest.. My sisters friends mom didn't let her watch the little mermaid because of that.
    I was talking about little kids, you know 7 or 8 year old.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast