Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Disney harming?

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is Disney harming?

Quote Originally Posted by lord nikon
    really?? i didnt knew that...i take back what i said..
    Old Eastern paintings are much more realistic and not overly cute. I'd say they are like Alfons Mucha's. Look at Tomawanu Atom(u) (not sure of the spelling) - his eyes are like Disney's. The evolution that created today's manga and anime took place in the second half of the 20th century.

Newbie teebow may be famous one day teebow may be famous one day
    Thanks

is disney bad for kids, i really hope not....
    i liked disney movies, and i would rather children watch disney movies then some other crap that they put on television, im not talking about about shows that are not suitable for children, im talking about the really boring and education shows that actually have no imagination to it. which is why i like anime so much eductaion shows are boring.. no wait... educational children shows are boring, i had it good when i was young it was quality tv although some kids now get the anime thats what i like to see

i just dont understand how parents could say disney is bad when its fiction, just wait til they let their children learn about the great big wide world reality is gunna bite them --ouch.

south park and the simpson and family guy, they are all very funny, i have nothing really against kids watching these shows, i mean i started to watch southpark when i was in grade 4, and well it didnt phase me, it was just for laughs
    Destination is a State of Mind

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Watching crap doesn't prepare children for the real world, it just teaches them to act like idiots and makes it harder for them to know how to really act when they run into jerks. Anyone who thinks that watching SouthPark etc. will teach children how to be prepared for the real world needs their head examined. Shows like that draw attention by being shocking. If the "real world" was really like that then it wouldn't actually be shocking and they would have to invent something new to shock people with.

BTW Before the age of 8 it children do not understand the difference between fact and fiction since cognitive thinking doesn't kick in before then (ask any of them the name of their imaginary friend) and before the age of 12 children are still learning the parameters of how to tell what is real and what isn't.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think its harming anyone any more than anything else in this world is.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Watching crap doesn't prepare children for the real world, it just teaches them to act like idiots and makes it harder for them to know how to really act when they run into jerks. Anyone who thinks that watching SouthPark etc. will teach children how to be prepared for the real world needs their head examined. Shows like that draw attention by being shocking. If the "real world" was really like that then it wouldn't actually be shocking and they would have to invent something new to shock people with.

BTW Before the age of 8 it children do not understand the difference between fact and fiction since cognitive thinking doesn't kick in before then (ask any of them the name of their imaginary friend) and before the age of 12 children are still learning the parameters of how to tell what is real and what isn't.
    You speak as if they were incompetent idiots. Maybe some young inhabitants of certain schools are, but your statements would insult me at the age of 7.
    Not being able to distinguish between living humans and the rest is considered a symptom of some serious psychiatric diseases. The children must know it by their gut.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zdenek
    You speak as if they were incompetent idiots. Maybe some young inhabitants of certain schools are, but your statements would insult me at the age of 7.
    Not being able to distinguish between living humans and the rest is considered a symptom of some serious psychiatric diseases. The children must know it by their gut.
    Perhaps instead of being insulting you should look into the subject. I doubt you would have been insulted at 7 because a 7 year old would go cogniwhat? Your labeling of childhood illusions concerning reality as psychiatric diseases show only your lack of understanding into the development of cognitive thought. We are born thinking but understanding and processing information is something that has to be developed and learned.

cog·ni·tion
    n.

1. The mental process of knowing, including aspects such as awareness, perception, reasoning, and judgment.
    2. That which comes to be known, as through perception, reasoning, or intuition; knowledge.

I am the parent of a 6 (nearly 7 yr old) I have had conversations with him about this. While I can tell him something isn't real and he claims to understand that doesn't keep him from believeing that Winnie the Pooh lives at Disney Land and that Sly Cooper is invisible and visits him for tea. Guess what? That is normal. And that is why it is important to restrict influences that show "shocking" behavior to children. No matter how much they claim to understand at that age fact and fiction is blurry at best.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Kakashi Hatake may be famous one day Kakashi Hatake may be famous one day Kakashi Hatake's Avatar
    Thanks

Cartoons are simply made to cultivate the minds of children (and a few adults) and convey a message that all can understand and relate to through a plotline line, and entertaining characters. That is all that I see cartoons as; nothing harmful embedded within them.

I don't see how Disney is causing harm to the minds of those who watch their creations.

Newbie Firestarr may be famous one day Firestarr may be famous one day Firestarr's Avatar
    Thanks

actually lets say anime is a bit "reaslistic" it's not harming realistic is the word in a way it shows mostly the real thing . and really it's a rated "T" means its teen's- mature stuff right?. Maybe some parents say that becuase it affects their kids. with some gore shown and violence, and mostly sexy girl stuff. actually, anime in counter parts here in phils and japan..is mostly like for adults too.. and part of a trend. anime is shown to the kind of audience they have mostly teens- to adults ^_^

Disney mostly the happiyly ever after stuff. yeah its for every one.. maybe there are some "G" in a part but they play it safe to show to their kind of audience who watch it.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast