Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Is Disney harming?

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is Disney harming?

Quote Originally Posted by lixian
    I'm really sorry if you don't like what I'm going to say, but I'm not trying to offend anyone.

You're right, I've grown to be pessimistic... very pessimistic. But it didn't happen because of anime or all the violent movies I watched when my parents weren't at home (I was disobedient at the time ). And life was always boring, so it may mainly be due to being alone, I think...
    "If you grow up watching anime, you tend to be a little more......... extreme" It depends on which anime you've watched.

Our ancestors didn't need fairy tales to be imaginative... nearly all children are imaginative, even if you make them grow up in a world of destruction. In fact, they do live in a world of destruction, so what's the use of hiding the truth from them?

One day I got new friends... we became "best friends" and then... they betrayed me. In the end, no one would talk to me because of all the things they said behind my back. They acted as if I was a bad guy in these cartoons... and they were the good guys... That's why I'm pessimistic, because I tried to believe that love and friendship was true. I tried to believe in these stories. Well, friendship exists just as long as you're not different from others. Otherwise, they just try to destroy you, because they fear you. Just like witches were burnt because people feared their powers. They don't show you the other side of the medal in Disney, or they do it in such a way that you barely notice it. The person is more focused on other things.

I think that there is nothing worse than to show children an illusion of life, because they will suffer very much when they will see the strangulation that life has prepared for them.
    If one day I ever come to have children, I may let them watch Disney, but I would also tell them about what happens in real life that is not shown in Disney. I'd like to be sure they're prepared to see all the horrible things in this world so that it will not affect them too much.

...where in the world do you live??? Suburbia? O_o

.........Canada??? O___o?

^.^;;; (sorry, that's the only places I know that would act like that)

... I live in the city. We don't believe in fairytales or moral beliefs. We see it, we play it, we forget it... then we remember as if it were just a nice little toy.

Other than that, we don't actually FOLLOW Disney... only affected by our growing subconcious. We're all "evil"... no one here is "the good guy"... those who are, are either insane, or really extreme.

<.< To be a good guy around here in our standards, you'd have to have some extent of evil........ afterall, over here, being really nice won't let you live the next day.............................. except for one guy. Everyone thinks he's Jesus...

...I wouldn't be surprised if he was. XD

.... *sings a little song* Keys Keys Keys. Keys on Van Nuys!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Remind me not to move where you are. lol

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

I grew up on Disney as well, and used to love and respect the films. I wanted to be a Disney animator sooo bad when I was growing up, but then Disney really did take a downhill turn.

I don't think watching Anime or Disney would be the main problem of messing up kids, but moreso the culture as a whole would be the problem. Disney is obviously North American culture, but that culture as a whole tries to paint the illusion of 'something better out there.' The big dream that everyone is supposed to have in North America is somehow winning the lottery, and moving to Beverly Hills. It's not stories about working hard, crunching down on your work, and EARNING millions, it's about winning millions. And chances of that happening? Very very slim.

However, anime comes from a culture where hard work is emphasized and appreciated. Highschool students over here think school work is tough, but over in Japan? wow.....it's pretty much a life consuming event, and once your out of that, you're working for a corperation.

So Disney and Anime aren't the actual problem, although they reinforce both notions in each respective culture.

Newbie lixian may be famous one day lixian may be famous one day lixian's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    ...where in the world do you live??? Suburbia? O_o

.........Canada??? O___o?

^.^;;; (sorry, that's the only places I know that would act like that)

... I live in the city. We don't believe in fairytales or moral beliefs. We see it, we play it, we forget it... then we remember as if it were just a nice little toy.
    Nope. I live in a stupid little island to the East of Africa named Mauritius.

I don't believe in fairy tales, and I never did. I only tried to believe in fake things such as love and friendship were true, and that there were some good things in life. And not every one believes in fairy tales here. Only some people. If every one did, I would already have blowed up the island. And I thought it was mainly American little children that were affected by this disease.

Other than that, we don't actually FOLLOW Disney... only affected by our growing subconcious. We're all "evil"... no one here is "the good guy"... those who are, are either insane, or really extreme.

<.< To be a good guy around here in our standards, you'd have to have some extent of evil........ afterall, over here, being really nice won't let you live the next day.............................. except one guy.
    Yes, I think nearly every one knows that. And really "nice" people, are not different from other people. Deep down, they are as evil. It's just that they know how to control themselves or how to hide their vicious game...

Newbie RazorKisses may be famous one day RazorKisses may be famous one day RazorKisses's Avatar
    Thanks

This is going to seem perverted but if you look at the castle on the little mermaid cover there is a penis making part of the castle? Its true

-::- Exactly -::-

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lixian
    Nope. I live in a stupid little island to the East of Africa named Mauritius.

I don't believe in fairy tales, and I never did. I only tried to believe in fake things such as love and friendship were true, and that there were some good things in life. And not every one believes in fairy tales here. Only some people. If every one did, I would already have blowed up the island. And I thought it was mainly American little children that were affected by this disease.

Yes, I think nearly every one knows that. And really "nice" people, are not different from other people. Deep down, they are as evil. It's just that they know how to control themselves or how to hide their vicious game...

O_o American little children? ............yeah, maybe in the North! XD
    ........... ^_^;; jk...

........................ maybe in the East! XD

........ ^.^ West side rocks...

... New York does, too.... they're funny, in my opinion.
    <.< Florida is just weird.... really weird.... >.> Hawaii's crazy...
    Nevada.............. it's mixed up over there. @_@
    >u> I wanna' visit Alaska!

......... ^_^;; anyways! ... you can say just the same thing about good! Deep down, we're all just as good. O_o It matters what you mean by "good". ^_^
    <_< ...I mean, in one manner... evil can be good, and good can be evil. Killing someone off that was weak would be justice so that we could move onward, and continue to evolve in mind, body, and spirit. Killing off all the weak, so in the end: no one will be weak. ...but laws and rules protect the weak, only allowing human kind to continue to degenerate and surely pay for it, as we are paying for it now.

................... >u> I like cookies! ^_^ ...
    ... Disney doesn't teach you THAT! XD

... <_< Disney ain't harmin'.... unless of course, if you think it is in a twisted sort of way. Making people "delusional" and whatever.....
    ... >_> Don't blame Disney, blame all the stories they stole from people, and the people of America for not wanting anything mutilatingly funny.

Not Disney.

^.^ Blame America... we can handle the blows! XD

<_< Anime makes people delusional, too. Depends on what genre, though... delusional that this world is so horrible that you must strive on... >_O I mean! What kind of logic is that?! What?! You enjoy suffering?! If you enjoy it, enjoy the suffering of non-existance! Go slit your wrists in the way it'll kill you! Slit your own throat, and slowly die as you find your pointless and meaningless life flash before your eyes drown in your own thick blood!!!
    ........... o_o that wasn't directed at you, that was directed to some people I knew.

>_O Look, life may suck. People may suck. But does that mean you just complain about them? Don't blame Disney. Don't blame their parents. Blame everything, but then, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! ... o_o I'm not saying to blow up everything, that won't solve anything, that'll just get rid of everything.... sure, there's the logic of "if nothing exists, nothing bad can happen", but is it that HARD to actually TRY to "make things go right"?

............ ._. And then, people say "Things can never go right, this world has been corrupted beyond repair"............. >_o So you're going to sit in your own little corner, drown in your sorrows, and complain about the whole world around you as if you enjoy it?! .... ^.^ Hey! I was like that, too! Welcome to the club!

............ >_> Well, welcome to the club I USED to be in.
    <_< .. it's not worth it to complain. Disney ain't doin' nothin' it doesn't want to do.

Look here, if Nickelodeon got more famous than Disney, then we'd say THEY'RE harming. If the Discovery Channel got more famous, then we'd say THEY'RE harming. MYSPACE is harming! XD

.......... <_< .......... >_> Sure, it's filled with a bunch of sick pervs, that Disney... but c'mon.... you want to keep drawing up fairytale cartoons all your life and not have any fun yourself? Yeah sure, it would harm the children, but HAVE THEY EVER NOTICED?! ...no, we only notice when we grow up, like that wind spelling out "sex".... >.O Look, if kids got that, then wouldn't you think that your kid's already so messed up, and you're just trying to find an excuse to not accuse yourself as a bad parent?! It's like playing a video game and complaining how all the NPCs were bashing on you, when YOU were the one who killed one of their parents, and trust me, YOU made that choice................ even if it was pretty funny.

^_^ Look, compared to the "things that inspired me" and how "I grew up", Disney was the nice little "heaven in hell" in my childhood...
    <_< ...... >_> ....... I mean, I wanted to kill people for a job when I was little! ...sure, it was just a game, but come on..... Disney compared to that?!

Newbie Tivles of Light may be famous one day Tivles of Light may be famous one day Tivles of Light's Avatar
    Thanks

anything can be harmful, and anything can be helpful...its the way you look at it and treat it.

personally, i think it helps me inspired.. but to someone else it could hamper them.

Don't ever believe you dont deserve what you desire

<3 eternally TOL

Newbie darksolovely may be famous one day darksolovely may be famous one day darksolovely's Avatar
    Thanks

Uh, no.

I just dont see media to be influential like that if you have a BRAIN. If you know the difference between right and wrong, fiction and non-fiction, law and order (lol), then I just think its weird to blame a peice of orchestrated entertainment to be a brainwasher. But there are ppl I guess who can't tell the difference, like kids, and if you fear that then stay away. But Disney being accountable for violence and all that or the kids are starting to act out 'according to it' or w/e, thats the time to show them the consequences of living a peice of fiction.
    "Tenchi, what is that woman from Okayama doing coming out of your toilet?" ~ Sakuya

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast