Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Angel's HAVE to Believe in God?

Otaku Chaos_Saito may be famous one day Chaos_Saito may be famous one day Chaos_Saito's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do Angel's HAVE to Believe in God?

yes. they work for him.
    As soon as you slip up, death comes for you. In this battle for life and death, mistakes is what you can't afford.

Otaku Sabishii_Mitsukai may be famous one day Sabishii_Mitsukai may be famous one day Sabishii_Mitsukai's Avatar
    Thanks

u have to remember, the anime u watch with angels in them, they probly dont obey god. but biblical angels do. theres a difference hun
    The maximum dimnsions for an image in your signature is 110 pixels high and 450 pixels wide, please find an image which complies with this.
    -WOO fat PRIDE BABII!! i wana get that book
    **luv ya roldie, and no im not a gold digga**

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    The part about man being able to repent is in the bible its kind of like the theme. But as far as angels go, they were left out of any part that mentioned forgivness. I feel it's safe to say that if they were given the option it would have been mentioned.
    Why? The Bible has to do with Mans relationship with God. Why would it mention the angels relationship with God other then how it affects man?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

You know like saying Christ died so that men and angels could repent their sins.
    If the bible was only about mans relationship with god then why mention angels at all?

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Because what happened between the angels and God affects mankind. Especially the fallen angels and what they've done since. Whether or not they can repent doesn't.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Sep 16, 2005 at 09:38 PM.

Newbie BROLY may be famous one day BROLY may be famous one day BROLY's Avatar
    Thanks

If u choose 2 not obey god, than u go 2 hell with lucipher and help him out in the war dat is going on 2 day, but I would serve jesus because it is said in the bible those who die in da war against hell at the end when heaven wins, da fallen will b resurrected.

So if u know wats best 4 u pick and serve jesus side. If angels do not believe in god than da angel shall not have incredible holy powers 2 beat evil. And 4 u dat watch alot of angel animes please don't compare anime 2 reality. Oh!! and stay coo.
    Last edited by BROLY; Sep 18, 2005 at 04:07 PM.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Because what happened between the angels and God affects mankind. Especially the fallen angels and what they've done since. Whether or not they can repent doesn't.
    It's affecting me now! j/k Either way it would be a nice little peice of information to have. I mean would God say "well, Jesus's sacrifice was enough for these guys but you guys are still screwed"? Does't seem likely to me. I thought that it went more like this "Jesus died so that all who beleived in him would not perish...." yeah that sounds more like it to me.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Thanks

I think we're getting back to a definition of what angels are again.

In my religion Angels are believed to be the spirits of those not born yet or the rightous who have passed on and voluntarily serve God. Those who are "fallen angels" are believed to be spirits who rebelled (the war in heaven) and as a result are not given a chance to be born (creation being through the grace of the father).

Can they repent and return? Who knows. As I said, it doesn't really affect us, but I can see how your definition of angels can affect whether you would consider it important. Personally I think it falls under one of the "mysteries of God". Whether they can or can't does not affect OUR eternal salvation so why worry about it? There's enough to be concerned with that does affect us as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    It's affecting me now! j/k Either way it would be a nice little peice of information to have. I mean would God say "well, Jesus's sacrifice was enough for these guys but you guys are still screwed"? Does't seem likely to me. I thought that it went more like this "Jesus died so that all who beleived in him would not perish...." yeah that sounds more like it to me.
    Ok, I'm going to get a little deep here so follow me. Jesus's sacrifice was for all those who have "lived" and accept his sacrific so that they can repent and rise in the resurection. By definition that would exclude "fallen angels" since they have never lived, so no, it's doesn't apply.

You cannot say it applies to all who believe in him since there are those who knew exactly who Jesus was and chose to rebel anyway. "Fallen angels"/demons would fall into this catagory as well since in biblical accounts of confrontations between Christ and those who are possed indicate that the demons not only know who Christ is, they acknowlege his authority. For example:

ST MARK Chapter1 verse 23-26
    23 And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,

24 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

ST MARK Chapter5 verse 2-13
    7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

THE ACTS Chapter 19 verse 15
    15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

To me this is a perfect examle of why belief is not enough.
    JAMES Chapter2 Verse 18-20
    18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

"the devils also believe, and tremble."
    You know, that just happens to be the answer to this entire question. "Do Angels HAVE to believe and obey god? "

Yes.
    Not only do Angels know and believe, even those who are fallen are subject to the power of God. When he commands, they must obey, but at the same time they are also given the choice whether to follow him or not or we wouldn't have "fallen angels".

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast